United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a copy that someone else had played once. Nothing was opened, but faction abilities were chosen and scars were placed.

No one in my game group wants it. I do need to try to recoup the cost, but even at $20 nobody wanted the pariah.

I have no interest in playing it, so my thoughts are:

1) Get a heat gun or hair dryer and try to roll back the world. Not gonna be perfect, though.

2) Cannibalize the game for bits. Nice plastic bits.

Other thoughts or ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:
I got a copy that someone else had played once. Nothing was opened, but faction abilities were chosen and scars were placed.

No one in my game group wants it. I do need to try to recoup the cost, but even at $20 nobody wanted the pariah.

1) Get a heat gun or hair dryer and try to roll back the world. Not gonna be perfect, though.

Other thoughts or ideas?
Nobody in your game group wants it, or nobody in your game group wants to play it? I think it would be cool to have a game that still has that much potential left in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:

Other thoughts or ideas?

I'll give you $40 US ($20 for the game and $20 to cover shipping) for it shipped to Canada. PM me if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
overtheboard wrote:

Other thoughts or ideas?
Nobody in your game group wants it, or nobody in your game group wants to play it? I think it would be cool to have a game that still has that much potential left in it!

Oh, they play it. They want more copies becasue in the first Earth
Spoiler (click to reveal)
someone nuked Austrailia
so player #1 refuses to play that copy. Player number 2 won't play the copy because Player #3 ran a session with other players that rendered South America unusable as a starting location except for Player #3. et Cetera.

They just don't want another world that was started.

Myself, I don't like area control games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:
overtheboard wrote:

Other thoughts or ideas?

Oh, they play it. They want more copies becasue in the first Earth someone nuked Austrailia so player #1 refuses to play that copy. Player number 2 won't play the copy because Player #3 ran a session with other players that rendered South America unusable as a starting location except for Player #3. et Cetera.

They just don't want another world that was started.

Myself, I don't like area control games.

Sounds like none of you really bought into the premise to begin with. *shrug* Not judging you; just seems like not your type of game.

In any case, yeah, sell it to that dude above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitzroy St. Sebastian

Iowa
msg tools
mb
Quote:

Oh, they play it. They want more copies becasue in the first Earth someone nuked Austrailia so player #1 refuses to play that copy.

If "nuked" is an actual game event, please put spoilers. Otherwise, just assuming scars/cities taking up Australia.

Player #1 sounds kinda lame. "I don't want to play because the easiest strategy to pull off in the game is now compromised."

I mean, I get it (I loves me some Australia). But there is -obviously- no point in owning this game if you just want to play the same strategy over and over again. At least until the 15th game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
wunduhbear wrote:
Player #1 sounds kinda lame. "I don't want to play because the easiest strategy to pull off in the game is now compromised."

I was thinking the same thing. The whole point is that you can react to how people play and affect the world accordingly. Even in the other case (South America is not a viable starting location for anybody but one player), that can be remedied as well, by tearing up high value territory cards, scarring territories with Ammo Shortages, and who knows what else further down the line.

Even without additional scars and changes to the board, just knowing that one player will have an advantage by starting in South America is enough to get him sandwiched between a player in Africa and a player in North America. If he's fighting a war on two fronts because he's seen as having the most powerful starting position, then he won't last long there.

And that's what this game is about! Strategies that change as the world itself changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wunduhbear wrote:

If XXXXX is an actual game event, please put spoilers.

He has put spoilers in his post now, but since you did not, you just spoiled it for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Gagnier
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
wunduhbear wrote:

If XXXXX is an actual game event, please put spoilers.

He has put spoilers in his post now, but since you did not, you just spoiled it for me!

Bump. Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check your local convention. If RL supports the minimum number of players for a convention event, sign up to host a game. You should get free admission. You can also run *multiple* RL rounds, so players get to see how the board progresses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffcuetis wrote:
overtheboard wrote:

Other thoughts or ideas?

I'll give you $40 US ($20 for the game and $20 to cover shipping) for it shipped to Canada. PM me if you're interested.

Looks like I just scored me another copy of Risk Legacy - thanks Paul!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.