Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Brahan
United States
North Sutton
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played this a half dozen times or so, and my brother and I played it a couple of times. I ended up selling the game after that, which is pretty rare (most of my games see 20+ plays before I think of getting rid of them). So, please realize this before you read further, that I ended up selling it because I wasn't thrilled with it.

I think that the replayability aspect of the game is just OK. I'd give it a 2 out of 5. There are a couple of aspects that make it interesting:
-different cards are selected at the beginning of the game and shuffled, which affect the order of play and what items are available for purchase at the beginning of the game. I think that these end up affecting the game very little over the long run.
-different strategies can be pursued during the game (use of temporary workers, focusing on storage first or production first (they must be focused on pretty much evenly, but you can choose how to go about this), what items to purchase first), but I don't think this is too strong.

I can't think of anything else that helps randomize the game and make it so it is different each time. I largely think that using different strategies is the best way to mix it up, and after you've tried a few, you've pretty much done all that you can to make the game interesting.

To me, the game requries too many calculations (and I love math!) and little variation game to game.

Again, refer to my previous statement and take this with a grain of salt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case I think the more players you play it with, the more replay value. It's interesting in two player, but I think it's more interesting with 3 or more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.