Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm setting up our first game of Eclipse when I realized I'm not sure if I'm supposed ot put out all the Ship Parts or not. The instruction book just said set up the board so I figured I needed to put them all out, but then printed right above that part shows player counts and says 4,6,7,8,9 so I thought maybe I'm only supposed to put that many. To test that theory I coutned two of the ship parts to see if there were only 9 but both had 10 so now I'm left not being sure whether I need to put out 6 of each for a 3 player game or all of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct answer is 0.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Makes for easier setup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I take your answer to mean that they all would go out, hence no need to keep track so could keep in a container and therefore your 0 answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoren wrote:
Can I take your answer to mean that they all would go out, hence no need to keep track so could keep in a container and therefore your 0 answer?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
You may put as many tiles there as you see practical, and add more if they run out. Many have also found it practical to use a Plano box or similar, or just a bowl or box of suitable size -- it's actually quite easy to fish the required parts out of a bowl and it can easily be passed around.

The numbers refer to the number of Technologies drawn in each Cleanup Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilgore wrote:
You may put as many tiles there as you see practical, and add more if they run out. Many have also found it practical to use a Plano box or similar

This.

And if you do go the Plano route, then download and laminate:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/71964/eclipse-compact-tech...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the fast response. Everyone should be here in 30 minutes...I'm very excited to play this after reading about it for so long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have not purchased our plano yet (not sure if we will), but there are enough bags so you can seperate the different ship parts to make them very easy to find.

We put weapons/hull in one bag; power/engines in another; and sheilds/computers in the third. Made it super easy to just fish the correct one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoren wrote:
Thanks everyone for the fast response. Everyone should be here in 30 minutes...I'm very excited to play this after reading about it for so long.
How'd it go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Hohkala
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just use the top side of the Eclipse box. Plenty of room to see the needed parts and no re-arranging needed, ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brokasaphasia wrote:
Yoren wrote:
How'd it go?

It went really well. I won which is always nice to do when you first play a long expected game. I had thought Military or Nano techs were the strongest but I ended up going Grid as the others were buying up the Military but found the grid techs to be great. One player who is our best Twilight IMperium player got last place as he didn't realize how important combat was to your final tally until it was too late. We also discovered the idea of tech switch when one player made a fleet of incredibly high initiative ships with antimatter cannons adn gloun computers but not shields....so after he moved his forces in I used my last two actions to switch my ships from traditional weaponry over the plasma missles and proceeded to wipe the whole fleet out before they fired....all in all a very exictin first foray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Durivage
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry to resurrect this, but what does the 4,6,7,8,9 bit above the ship parts grid refer to? I am going to be playing my first game of this soon and would like to have everything down to avoid confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyKettle wrote:
I am sorry to resurrect this, but what does the 4,6,7,8,9 bit above the ship parts grid refer to? I am going to be playing my first game of this soon and would like to have everything down to avoid confusion.

That's regarding the new Techs drawn each round. It has nothing to do with the ship parts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
I start with 0 out, then during other peoples' turns I fish around and stack up 2 or 3 of each part, starting with the basic techs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Durivage
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
RustyKettle wrote:

That's regarding the new Techs drawn each round. It has nothing to do with the ship parts...

Makes sense! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.