Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dungeon Run» Forums » General

Subject: Why the "search" action should be called something else... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sunny days and breezy nights with no work in sight.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly - I love this game and my girlfriend also enjoyed it very much. Except for the minor amount of squabbling caused by the confusion of what the search action REALLY is. By the middle of the first game I had decided that we should refer to "search" as "pickup" instead.

In reality you are NOT searching since you already know the treasure is there and all you have to do is grab it. She kept thinking that she could enter an existing empty tile and "search" thereby getting to roll the dice again as if encountering the tile for the first time. The more I thought about it I could see how she would think that.

So, in future games we will try to remember to call this action "grab" or "pickup" etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you know something is there, but you don't know what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense to me and doesn't really matter either way as it is pretty clear. I was more confused by "advance," as I would constantly think it was the move action in my first couple of games due to having played Doom and Descent and other games with that terminology. We all just say "level up" anyway.

Not a complaint by any means, just an observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malechi
United States
Clearlake
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, that's why in Checkers I call it a "Move Over" because they're plastic so they can't "Jump" anything ...
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.