Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shhhh! It's around the corner!
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember the name of the old bridge tile - ancient bridge, maybe ? Anyhow, I have a simple question about how to use/play that tile.

The question arose like so...

On my turn as 2nd player I moved onto a new tile using the last tile from the pile. That was the bridge. As per the rules I immediately placed the Boss Lair on the other side of the bridge. I then made my roll for crossing the bridge which, was succesful. I placed my figure on the far side of the tile to indicate he had "crossed" the bridge. Thus ended my turn as the move was my 2nd action. My girlfriend was 1st player so she then roamed the Boss to a different tile. So, starting the next round I became 1st player and decided to head back the way I came rather than enter the now empty Boss Lair. I was starting on the bridge tile.

So, here it is - must I roll to cross the bridge again ? If I had succesfully crossed on my last turn and never left that tile certainly I must cross the bridge again to go back the way I came, yes ? That is not how we played it however - I simply used my 1st action to move off the bridge tile, back the way I had come.

Thoughts ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only make the roll when you move onto the tile. The whole things is abstracted as to which side of the bridge you are on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shhhh! It's around the corner!
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.