Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Black Coyote
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question on the escape card...Do I have this right? I draw, for instance, "A Wisp of Sheen" from the encounter deck. I have Eleanor and she exhausts to cancel the when revealed and I discard and draw another encounter card. Another "A Wisp of Sheen." I follow the when revealed instructions. OK, so now...
1. since this is a card with the text Escape, I have to make an escape test now, AND still again after the quest phase.
2. after following the when revealed I make an escape test now, and this satisfies my attempt for this round.
3. after following the when revealed I wait to make the escape test after the quest phase?

Sorry for the lengthy question.
Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treachery cards that force an escape test are tests in addition to the Forced on Gollum, not replacing the test. In a 2-player game, you could draw 2 Treachery cards that both force both players to make an escape test (IIRC there are those, can't recall the name) and still have Gollum in play somehow, for a total of 5 escape tests during that quest phase.

You'd do the escape test after drawing the Treachery card, then continue drawing (if you still have cards to reveal for the staging) and at the end of the quest phase do the Gollum escape test, assuming he hasn't run off by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Coyote
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: escape card mechanic (part 2)
I draw a treachery card with the Escape keyword. I have Eleanor. Must I make an escape attempt first, then use Eleanor's ability, or does Eleanor's ability immediately discard that particular card before any escape action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
William Keller wrote:
I draw a treachery card with the Escape keyword. I have Eleanor. Must I make an escape attempt first, then use Eleanor's ability, or does Eleanor's ability immediately discard that particular card before any escape action?

The Escape keyword does not force you to make an escape test.

The Escape keyword is used when you make an escape test. You compare the total willpower of characters committed to the escape test with the total escape value of the encounter cards that were revealed for the test. Normally each encounter card with the Escape trait (and no number associated with it) counts as one and encounter cards without the Escape trait count as zero.

The Escape trait is a little like a shadow effect. It only counts when the encounter card is revealed during an escape test just like a shadow effects only occur when an encounter card is dealt as a shadow card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Coyote
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help - Im making 2 or 3 escapes every other round. Its really annoying. I agree with Samwise. Just catch him, shove him off the cliff and move on! What a nuisance yuk!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.