Hide
5 Posts

Heroica: Fortaan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where does your guy go when he doesn't pick up a torch? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate D
msg tools
If you already have a torch and lands on a torch space, where do you put your guy? And does the torch stay there? Same with treasure chests. It says the chest remains there so where do you put your guy? Can others search it?

I was lucky enough to defeat the end monster but my opponent who was standing behind me took his turn next and won the game easily. Seems like a flaw in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff E
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
We just threw out the extra torch when someone moved into its space. I guess you could also set the torch aside and then put it back once the space becomes free again.

Chests are removed from the board after they are opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I extrapolate from Battle Heroica. If a hero who has a torch stops on a space with another torch, we just move the hero one space forward. In Battle Heroica, since monsters cannot pick up objects, they move one space forward if they end in a space with an object.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Musco
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules (at least for Waldurk) actually say that the player to first occupy the goal tile OR defeat the monster there wins. I just played a solo game and this happened. The ranger hit him with a shield melee attack and killed the dark druid. Had it not been for that specific wording the barbarian would have moved in on his next turn to the goal spot and won. By the rules, the ranger still wins since he defeated the monster on the goal tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to ignore the "can only carry one torch or key" rule, honestly, as it seems rather pointless (except to prevent someone hoarding them all!). Otherwise, I'd say move the torch (to your pack?) when on that square, and replace it when you move off it. I allow a "choice" of whether to pick something up or not anyway, so that in co-op games you can leave a potion/gold piece/chest behind for your fellow Hero(es) if you're feeling generous, even if you move through a space containing one.

As for the "winning conditions" flaw, I've encountered that myself (fellow player moved to winning space after I cleared out the last two monsters in our way!) but since I now almost always play solo or co-op, it's less of an issue. However, I do use a variant of the concept art book's (downloadable from the Heroica site) 'medal' system, which means that a Hero who achieves the primary goal of a Quest (e.g. defeat the Goblin King, in Fortaan Quest #1) gets a bigger "reward" than the others, but it's not a case of absolute "win or lose".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.