Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Navegador» Forums » Rules

Subject: extremely stupid question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to figure out how to play; what does the number on the privilege tokens and the number on the player mat at the tops of the privilege chart (they are written in the same font) mean? BTW, the rule book is the worst of the games I own.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
Trying to figure out how to play; what does the number on the privilege tokens and the number on the player mat at the tops of the privilege chart (they are written in the same font) mean? BTW, the rule book is the worst of the games I own.


At the end of your game, you add up all of the numbers in the column and that is the multiplier for that item. If you use your little purple token (I forget what it's called) to that same column, it has a 1/2 on it, which basically means to count it the same as whatever the privilege for that column is. All of the privileges are worth 1, except for Cathedrals and Shipyard, which are worth 2. For example, IIRC, the Navigation tokens column has a 4 at the top and each of the privilege tokens has a 1 on it. If you have 2 blue privileges plus your purple token in the Navigation column, then each blue Navigation disc you have is worth 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7 points.

Does that make sense?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, the sum of the privilege token values times the number of "things" you have equals the points you get at the end.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Myoman wrote:
Trying to figure out how to play; what does the number on the privilege tokens and the number on the player mat at the tops of the privilege chart (they are written in the same font) mean? BTW, the rule book is the worst of the games I own.


At the end of your game, you add up all of the numbers in the column and that is the multiplier for that item. If you use your little purple token (I forget what it's called) to that same column, it has a 1/2 on it, which basically means to count it the same as whatever the privilege for that column is. All of the privileges are worth 1, except for Cathedrals and Shipyard, which are worth 2. For example, IIRC, the Navigation tokens column has a 4 at the top and each of the privilege tokens has a 1 on it. If you have 3 blue privileges plus your purple token in the Navigation column, then each blue Navigation disc you have is worth 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8 points.

Does that make sense?


If you have three privilege tokens in a column, then there is no room for your purple token at the end of the game. According to the rules, it is three privileges per column max, so you'll have to pick a different column for the purple one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
If you have three privilege tokens in a column, then there is no room for your purple token at the end of the game. According to the rules, it is three privileges per column max, so you'll have to pick a different column for the purple one.


Sorry, it's been a bit since I played. I thought there were four spaces per column. I'll edit the original post.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
Trying to figure out how to play; what does the number on the privilege tokens and the number on the player mat at the tops of the privilege chart (they are written in the same font) mean? BTW, the rule book is the worst of the games I own.


I actually thought the rule book was one of the best I've come across. The only fault I had was that you had to look towards the examples to clear some of the ambuguity of the rules. In your case, if you had looked up the example on how to calculate your end scores, you would have found your answer. I had a question about the Navegador card and someone brought my attention to a page with an example and that pretty much answered my question as well.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.