Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barnes and Noble appears to be selling out what they have left of Risk (Revised Edition) (Onyx Edition) for 50%, so just under $30.

We saw one copy at a store in the Twin Cities area, and about a half-dozen copies at the Fargo, ND Barnes and Noble.

The board does have misprints. Great Britain is not connected to Western Europe and Greenland is not connected to Iceland, although they should be. There's some discussion of this in the Risk Revised Edition forums here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerri Mullis
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurora Colorado had a small stack (about 10 or so) of these near the checkout on Friday so they may still have some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stratego Onyx Edition also. $24.99 (50% off)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
wadenels wrote:
Barnes and Noble appears to be selling out what they have left of Risk (Revised Edition) (Onyx Edition) for 50%, so just under $30.

We saw one copy at a store in the Twin Cities area, and about a half-dozen copies at the Fargo, ND Barnes and Noble.

The board does have misprints. Great Britain is not connected to Western Europe and Greenland is not connected to Iceland, although they should be. There's some discussion of this in the Risk Revised Edition forums here on BGG.

What? You were in Fargo and you didn't look me up for some gaming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
wadenels wrote:

What? You were in Fargo and you didn't look me up for some gaming?

Definitely on my ToDo list... but we were just passing through after Xmas, and didn't have a lot of time to hang around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
wadenels wrote:

Can anyone confirm that this is still the case? I know that when they first published this in 2009, it had those misprints, but I thought they had fixed them by now. Are they still selling the versions with the misprinted maps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
wadenels wrote:

Can anyone confirm that this is still the case? I know that when they first published this in 2009, it had those misprints, but I thought they had fixed them by now. Are they still selling the versions with the misprinted maps?

The one we bought on Monday does not have the connections. I used my digicam to take pictures of other connections on the board that were about the appropriate length, then printed them to scale and cut them out with an Xacto knife. They don't look that great, and I just lay them on the board when we play. I don't want someone forgetting those connections should be there.

Also, I'm not 100% sure there should be a connection between Great Britain and Western Europe in this edition, but the Greenland Iceland connection should definitely be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corona, Cali has copies for $30. They are holding one for me as we speak. I will confirm if my copy is missing connections once I get it home later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even with the unfortunate missing connections, it's a very elegant Risk set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mead
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Surprise AZ store had about 10-15 left when I bought mine this morning. The missing connections are still missing. I think they only did one print run, so there was no chance of fixing the error.

It is such a nice board (even with mistakes). I intend to actually display mine on the wall with baggies glued on the back of it for when I pull it down to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.