• [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe...but I've received past LotR:TCG expansions (pre-ordered from Coolstuffinc) within 7 to 10 days once FFG changed the status to "Now Shipping"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I'm tired of people complaining about release dates. I don't know about you but I've never experienced another product in my life that was as cool as this and came out every month. I think we should be grateful for what we get. Some of us waited 8 months for the game to come out from the initial announcement and didn't complain. Keep it in perspective people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the last 4 or 5 expansions to play yet, please someone just send me an extra 8 hours a day, I promise to devote at least 50% of them to playing games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping for rules or some other card breakdown. 165 total cards doesn't go very far.

What do we know?
Four heroes
Nine expansion sets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Daniel,

Much less than I hoped for. Just a little more than a chapter pack on the deck-building side.

The three new quests and fresh cards for the next few expansions will be nice but I was hoping for a little more deck-building variety to play with the many existing quests.

Overall though it is a must buy. Pre-ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is a possiblity of 4 quests? This is something I haven't heard yet, but it sounds great! What is the source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
guciomir wrote:
There is a possiblity of 4 quests? This is something I haven't heard yet, but it sounds great! What is the source?

Definitely 3 quests. This quote is from the first announcement on the FFG website:
Quote:
Therefore, in addition to expanding your existing game experience, Khazad-dûm introduces nine all-new encounter sets! These unique sets, when combined into encounter decks (as instructed by the rules), make up Khazad-dûm’s three included scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Goddard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nephrinn wrote:

From what I've gathered from the FFG forum, it's as follows:

2 Heroes
2 spheres will get 2 new cards x3
2 spheres will get 3 new cards x3
1 neutral card x3
9 encounter decks
3-4 quests

If you've got 20 player cards and probably 10-11 quest cards, that's around 130 encounter cards--roughly 14 cards per encounter deck, which I suppose makes sense. Probably one or two will be two or three cards larger/smaller than that. Each quest could use four decks if they repeated, though the one that has been spoiled only uses 3 (probably including one of the larger decks)

In terms of the player cards, what we know is...
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Two heroes, spirit & Lore.
For Spirit, Untroubled by Darkness (event) and Zigil Miner (ally)
For Lore, Ancestral Knowledge (event)
For Leadership, Narvi's Belt (attachment) and Durin's Song (event)
For Tactics, Khazad! Khazad! (event)

That leaves only five cards unspoiled, which kind of explains why recent previews have been all about the encounter decks. A bummer, but still! Five new cards I'm completely unaware of! Three new quests! I'm excited.

Any thoughts on which spheres will get the extra boost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timgoddard wrote:

Any thoughts on which spheres will get the extra boost?

My money would be on Tactics and Leadership since those are the spheres with the largest number of Dwarf heroes. It's odd that the spheres will have an imbalance, I wonder if they plan to even them out again after the next big box expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
As per Bryon who analyzed card numbers available on previews:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...
Spoiler (click to reveal)

1 Dwalin (Spirit Hero)

2 Bifur (Lore Hero)

3 Narvi's Belt (Leadership Attachment)

4 Durin's Song (this is card 4 or card 5) (Leadership Event)

5 ??? (Leadership card)

6 Veteran of ? (Probably a dwarf, full name unknown. This is card 6 or card 7) (Tactics Ally)

7 ??? (Tactics card)

8 Khazad! Khazad! (Tactics Event)

9 Zigil Miner (Spirit Ally)

10 Untroubled by Darkness (Spirit Event)

11 ??? (Lore card)

12 Ancestral Knowledge (Lore Event)

13 ??? (Neutral card)

Honestly, I think there will be no long term imbalance. During the first expansion, they could go with 3 spheres getting 2 cards and 1 sphere getting 3 cards. There could be no neutral card. We don't need neutral cards in each pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave from FFGEC just informed me that this is expected to be in stock there on Wednesday (1/4/12).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Dave from FFGEC just informed me that this is expected to be in stock there on Wednesday (1/4/12).

what's FFGEC stand for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
narsil0420 wrote:
what's FFGEC stand for?

LMGTFY:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm.asp?eidm=13
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Aubert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
It has just arrived at my local retailer in Montreal.
The doors of Moria are opening...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
Much less than I hoped for. Just a little more than a chapter pack on the deck-building side.

Yeah, I have to say I'm disappointed in the lack of deckbuilding potential with this set. Seems like it's mainly just a collection of new encounter sets for use with the upcoming cycle. Granted, that's cool. But I too was hoping for a whollop of deckbuilding potential with this release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Spielguy wrote:

Yeah, I have to say I'm disappointed in the lack of deckbuilding potential with this set. Seems like it's mainly just a collection of new encounter sets for use with the upcoming cycle. Granted, that's cool. But I too was hoping for a whollop of deckbuilding potential with this release.

The encounter sets do take up alot of real-estate...however they are vital to keep the game fresh. I would love more player cards but I would not say I'm disappointed.
Also, I just bought this expansion online (frpgames.com) and expect to get my shipping confirmation tomorrow. Hurray for me.

edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My LGS in Wisconsin just called to let me know they have Khazad-dum in stock. Now I just have to survive four more hours of work before I can pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Spielguy wrote:

They can only do so much with 165 cards, especially with a commitment to 3 copies of each player card. New encounter sets were badly needed and should rightly take priority, even then they are going to be a little on the small side with an average size of only 14 cards each or so.

This is a basic limitation of the model Fantasy Flight has chosen for the Living Card Game deluxe expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Aubert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Personaly, I find the content of the expansion very satisfactory.
I haven't played any of the adventure yet, but after having had a look at all the differents cards, they seems very thematic and interesting.
I really prefer to have all of this new encounter cards than more player's cards. This will really refresh the game, by adding much more variety to it.
A great expansion for me !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
On behalf of many players who would love to see some spoilers: can you please tell us more about the encounter cards? Personally, I would like to hear more about the quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian giese
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 quests

challenge rating 3/5/7

1 has 2 stages
1 has 3 stages
1 has 2 stages but 7 vaiable different stage 2.. Lots of intersting mechanics there (its called Flight from Moria and it has a monster called "the Nameless fear" 27 health, immune to player card and effects, it cannot engage or be engaged... its Threat value grows as you collect Victory points. (along with attack/defend values)

one of the card sets for encoutners is not used in the inital 3 quests, but meant to be used in the future expansion packs..

Lots of crazy monsters in this set. a Lot of goblins, and shadow effects that pull more monsters into play.. Not to mention more trolls and a monster immune to 'ranged' attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm glad new encounter sets are being released. I just wish they would release a set of player cards as well. I guess I'm used to the deckbuilding potential of traditional CCGs. This is my first LCG. I love the non-random aspect of the card sets, but I guess the comparative stagnicity of the player decks caught me by surprise. Want to build a Tactics deck that's not Eagle-based? Well, you technically can, but you'll pretty much have to throw in every card that's not an Eagle just to get it up to a legal deck size. That's not very much flexibility.

Anyway, this game is my only currently-rated "10" game here on BGG. So suffice it to say that I like it very much, despite my desire to have it be more customizable from a deckbuilding standpoint. The potential will increase over time. Slowly, but surely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Would you mind putting up a list (with descriptions) of the player cards? Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.