Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions:

1. How can you "prove" that scoring cards aren't held from turn to turn?

2. Can a scoring card be used for Ops points, even though it is a 0 point card. If so, would that prevent scoring from occurring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Either trust your opponent, or reveal the bottom of the cards (which are different on scoring cards and non scoring cards)

2. Scoring cards aren't zero-ops cards, they don't have an ops value and hence can't be played for ops. The only way to directly play them from your hand is to play the scoring event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do a small bit of card counting in that the Asia, Europe, and Middle East cards will each come out once in Turns 1 to 3 and if you haven't seen a certain one by turn 3 then your opponent definitely has it.

Regions scored in turn 1 or 2 will reappear between turn 3 & 7, if it's scored on turn 3 it's out until turn 7.

The other scoring cards will all appear once between turn 4 and turn 7, and all scoring cards (apart from SE Asia) may reappear from turns 8 to 10 apart from any played on turn 7 itself.

There may be the very odd exception (usually due to number of cards that may be discarded by 'Ask Not...') but this should hold true for 95% of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when a player holds the scoring card as the last card held, due to whatever reasons (forgotten, mistaken, or got screwed by discarded cards that meant to be held)...

Is there any penalty on this, if a player actually hold the scoring card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogetoorn
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmb
The penalty is quite harsh, he loses the game due to Nuclear War...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hamrick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DeDaan wrote:

This applies specifically to tournament play (11.1.2). I didn't see a penalty for non-tournament play, so either a house-rule is needed, or accept an "oops, my bad."

The rules also suggest that held cards at the end of turns should be revealed (either in whole or part) in tournament or "competitive" play (4.5.F and 11.1.1), but not so in "non-competitive" (what the heck is that?....this is TWILIGHT STRUGGLE!) play in order to preserve secrecy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like2CivIV wrote:
DeDaan wrote:

This applies specifically to tournament play (11.1.2). I didn't see a penalty for non-tournament play, so either a house-rule is needed, or accept an "oops, my bad."

The simplest house rule would be: apply the tournament rule to all situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.