Subject: Recommend me some games based on my owned and wishlist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitry Volevodz
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey!
I would love to get a couple of new games or at least look at them.
What would you recommend based on my wishlist or owned list?
Main things are:

1. Rather deep, not light
2. Not to long, 3 hours maximum
3. Not extremely complicated (read High frontier or some wargames).

I would prefer some newer games. And I am aware of BGG top-200 games, so something outside that circle would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sheppard
United States
Bellevue
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Based on how you rate games you own and after looking at your wishlist, I'd say you should look at At the Gates of Loyang. My other suggestions are already on your wishlist. Specifically, Eclipse and Le Havre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Eclipse, Runewars, and The Resistance are excellent choices for you. And although it's not exactly a deep game, it's definitely not a light game, but it's 100% fun as hell... Cosmic Encounter is an amazing game and worth all the hype around it. Definitely give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith S.
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the recommendations of At The Gates of Loyang and Le Havre. If you like Agricola and Power Grid, At The Gates should be right up your alley, and Le Havre completes Uwe Rosenberg's "harvest trilogy" while also having a few Puerto Rico parallels.

The wife and I have recently gotten into Pillars of the Earth. Think of it as a mix of Agricola, Stone Age and Power Grid. There's two different flavors of worker placement, plus the PG-ish turning of resources into money and points. Not light by any means, but play is limited to 6 game rounds so it plays easily within your time limit.

You could also take a look at:

- San Juan (parallels to both PR and RFTG, but a lighter game than either)
- Stone Age (It's a lighter WP offering than what you have now, but it has plenty of cutthroat competition available that should appeal to the group)
- Tikal (an area-control game heavy on the competition and screwage. Rules are fairly straightforward but I wouldn't call it "light")
- Caylus (WP/action-drafting with something of the same basic objective as Pillars; high screwage and fair amount of complexity and thinkiness)
- Ora et Labora (brand new from Uwe Rosenberg; if you like Agricola and want Le Havre this should probably hit the spot as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.