Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dante Gagne
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please forgive me if this is an obvious question, but where in the rules does it say that if a structure is on fire, it gets additional tokens to eventually burn down?

When we first read the rules, we couldn't find this... and it seemed that the only thing that happens from something being on fire is that it lights the monster who hits that structure ON fire... unless someone or something breathes fire on it multiple times.

Since monsters take a point of damage each turn when they're on fire, it made sense that towers and walls should burn more each turn until they fall over, but we couldn't find that anywhere in the rules. Could someone please point out clarification for me?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it says that anywhere in the rules. We never played that structures got more burn tokens over time, just when breathed on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Gagne
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then is there any real disadvantage to them getting breathed on? I mean, if a tower is on fire and someone noms it, THEY get lit on fire and they die by themselves much more quickly. It almost seems like you WANT everything on fire once. And if it gets lit a second time, put out ONE fire...

That seems really wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saphon wrote:
Then is there any real disadvantage to them getting breathed on? I mean, if a tower is on fire and someone noms it, THEY get lit on fire and they die by themselves much more quickly. It almost seems like you WANT everything on fire once. And if it gets lit a second time, put out ONE fire...

If a structure is on fire, then a monster does not lose a hit point when they crash into it and destroy it. They do catch on fire, but they won't lose a hit point until after their next movement (in which case they may destroy another tower before the fire damage takes effect).

So a monster with one hit point can do more damage against structures on fire than if they would have just died taking out that first structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saphon wrote:
Please forgive me if this is an obvious question, but where in the rules does it say that if a structure is on fire, it gets additional tokens to eventually burn down?

When we first read the rules, we couldn't find this... and it seemed that the only thing that happens from something being on fire is that it lights the monster who hits that structure ON fire... unless someone or something breathes fire on it multiple times.

Since monsters take a point of damage each turn when they're on fire, it made sense that towers and walls should burn more each turn until they fall over, but we couldn't find that anywhere in the rules. Could someone please point out clarification for me?

Thanks.

It is not a standard rule; it's in the variant options near the back of the instruction book, as a way to add further challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saphon wrote:

The rules state that if any wall or tower collects three fire tokens, it is destroyed. This makes the Dragon and Chimera particularly nasty if allowed to continually rotate around the castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.