Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacki J
United States
Grapevine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I have a blue good, a yellow good, and a *green* (double fixed) good already produced.

During the consume phase, if I have the following consume bonuses on various cards I already put out:
Trade 3 different types of goods for 3 VP
Trade a blue good for a card
Trade a yellow good for 1 VP

So, do I get ALL the bonuses (4VP and a card), even though I only have 3 goods to consume, or if I pick the first bonus and get the 3VP only and then there's no other goods left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buz
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each consume power can only consume the goods indicated. However, you can do them in any order you choose. In your instance, if you consumed the three goods for three vps, you couldn't utilize the other powers. If, however, you preferred to consume your blue good for a care, you could do so.

Additionally, you indicate three different types of goods as your consume power (such as found on diversified economy). This power could not consume two yellow and one blue good as that is only two different types. You then would be required to consume your yellow for one point and your blue for a card.

Terminology note: trade is different than consume. Trade is one of the bonuses available on the role cares; consume powers are not trade powers. Trade powers are listed in the $ area on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sheisaeval wrote:
Let's say I have a blue good, a yellow good, and a yellow good already produced.

During the consume phase, if I have the following consume bonuses on various cards I already put out:

So, do I get ALL the bonuses (4VP and a card), even though I only have 3 goods to consume, or if I pick the first bonus and get the 3VP only and then there's no other goods left?

You listed yellow good twice. No mention of 3 different types of goods.

Either that's a typo and you meant to list a third color or you cannot use the consume power which requires 3 different types of goods for 3 VP as you do not have 3 different types of goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacki J
United States
Grapevine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
sheisaeval wrote:
Let's say I have a blue good, a yellow good, and a yellow good already produced.

You listed yellow good twice. No mention of 3 different types of goods.

Either that's a typo and you meant to list a third color or you cannot use the consume power which requires 3 different types of goods for 3 VP as you do not have 3 different types of goods.

Oops, I did mean 3 different goods, let's say - a yellow good, a blue good, and a red good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacki J
United States
Grapevine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question -

If I have one yellow, one blue, and one *green* (edited) good, and I only have these on the cards I already put out:

Trade blue for 1vp
Trade yellow for 1card

But no bonus that mentions a red good, does that good just stay on my world until I get a card with a bonus for a red good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Levins
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Rolling dice and taking grains!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sheisaeval wrote:
Another question -

If I have one yellow, one blue, and one red good, and I only have these on the cards I already put out:

Trade blue for 1vp
Trade yellow for 1card

But no bonus that mentions a red good, does that good just stay on my world until I get a card with a bonus for a red good?

That is correct, it will remain if it cannot be consumed by any of your remaining consume powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What's this talk about red goods? There aren't red goods in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Levins
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:

If you squint funny, the brown ones might look red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, I needed a good laugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacki J
United States
Grapevine
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:

I didn't have the game in front of me so I just said 3 generic colors which I thought were colors for the goods. I just got the game so I didn't remember exactly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sheisaeval wrote:
GSReis wrote:

I didn't have the game in front of me so I just said 3 generic colors which I thought were colors for the goods. I just got the game so I didn't remember exactly
A bit of concern about a "made up good", but yeah, fret not, we did get the idea just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.