five alyv
msg tools
mbmbmb
When setting up the hero cards deck, I understand that you need to discard 6 cards without looking "into the box" to account for the six new cards in the dragon expansion. Are special cards that are only for one general subject this discard or are the 6 discards only taken from the "any general cards?".

The way I was doing it was when selecting generals, I would take all hero cards that had a general's picture at the bottom (be they special or regular) and place them in the hero deck. I then took the 14 special cards (8 from the base set, and 6 from the expansion) and shuffled them and discarded 6 back into the box. In that way, there were always 8 "any general" cards.

Is this the correct way to do it?

No wins on all 4 generals yet, but mixing in one or two is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, the official rule is to mix both types of Special cards together and pull 6 of them from this total.

However, I've been setting up my deck the way you describe for quite a while and it works fine. I just prefer to maintain the balanced distribution of the "Any General" Specials that the base game had.

Keep Defending the Realm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
five alyv
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks much for the reply! Would I be correct to assume that I would not include special cards that had a general not in the game at the bottom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Would I be correct to assume that I would not include special cards that had a general not in the game at the bottom?

If a General on a special card is not in a game, you can make the combat die / dice on the Special card apply to the General of that color that is in the game.

Thanks - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.