Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the insistence of Jay Ouzts and Lenny Leo, we broke out a group favorite ... Settlers of Catan (when will Jay ever learn?). This was Kurt Meyer's first playing of the game, and he was mightily impressed.

The first two rolls of the game forced the appearance and moving of the Robber. This trend continued as the robber moved often, usually to the detriment of Kurt. We didn't keep count, but Kurt must have easily lost out on dozens of resources due to the evil robber's presence.

I was the first to construct a new settlement and, with the aid of a nice '2 road free' card, achieve the Longest Road card. I was also the first to upgrade a settlement to a city, at which point Lenny began an incessant and unceasing banter about me being the clear leader. He kept bashing on me the entire game, ultimately to no avail.

Ultimately, I was successful in holding on to the Longest Road card and had managed to acquire one 'Victory Point' card. I was secretly at '9' victory points for four straight turns, unable to secure a trade for a stone which would have enabled me to upgrade a settlement to a city. I took a chance on purchasing another card and was awarded with another 'Victory Point' card, thereby securing the victory.

Final tallies:

Greg 10, Jay 7, Lenny 4, Kurt 3

The ratings for Settlers continue to remain solid:

Kurt 9, Greg 8, Lenny 8, Jay 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.