Tide of Iron: Days of the Fox» Forums » Rules

Subject: operation crusader and Disruption deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nolfke nolf
msg tools
Subject: operation crusader and Disruption deck
operation crusader is a 'tank only map'
but you get with the disruption deck you get lots of useless cards.
you have to remove 'Disrupt Food Supplies' but you also have 2 'Disrupt Medical Supplies'.
leave the usefull card to 7.
Or is it the prupose to lower the armor with 2 with a medical supplies card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When ever i have played this one I have always removed all the cards relating to squads, and it has been fine. Having 7 cards to draw in a 8 round scenario is not a big deal. Should have been cleared up in the FAQ but FFG seem to not really care about ToI anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Berkhout
Netherlands
Dordrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this scenario three times now.
I think the cards remain in the deck to make a little balance. The Disruption cards are mostly "directly" offensive. While the Command Deck is "indirectly" offensive. But thats just what I think...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree,

Unless the scenario instructs you to remove any cards - leave them in there. Granted, you will draw some cards that you can't play, so be it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hodgson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this scenario today with my TOI buddy and after round 8 I ended up winning 8-7 even after he had the bonus 3 for least amount of heavily damaged tanks . We took out only the ones instructed at the start and found he ran the deck out and had some smart card play so I can't see any reason for taking out the card in question . Granted it says a loss of 1 defense die to squads but even though the scenario is all vehicles ... it takes a tank crew to drive those tanks so wrap that into the workings of the game how you want .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus A
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
nolfke wrote:
Subject: operation crusader and Disruption deck
operation crusader is a 'tank only map'
but you get with the disruption deck you get lots of useless cards.
you have to remove 'Disrupt Food Supplies' but you also have 2 'Disrupt Medical Supplies'.
leave the usefull card to 7.
Or is it the prupose to lower the armor with 2 with a medical supplies card?

This issue has been addressed in the new Next Wave version of “Operation Crusader.” The 2 Disrupt Medical Supplies cards are now removed along with the “Disrupt Food Supplies” card since they only affect squads, as mentioned. This brings the deck down to 7 cards; all applicable to vehicles.

Probably to make up for the fewer cards, the “Desert Tactics I” deck is now added to the scenario as a shared deck. This deck has three squad related cards which players are also instructed to remove.

I agree that strategy cards should be applicable to the scenario being played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.