4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: Can someone confirm my complaint about this picture rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb

It appears to me to be:

* cropped
* slanted
* blurry
* underexposed

For instance, compare it to:

Yet after going through geekmod it already has the 3 magical thumbs.

Complain complain complain

I am also unsure why this

was needed to supplement this

but maybe someone noticed that the earlier image was somewhat slanted? And hey, the new pic only got 1 thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because GeekMod sucks and is incompetent, just like the submitters who don't care if their pictures are needed or not and decide to flood GeekMod, because worst thing that could happen is their pics get rejected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm you are complaining about those pictures!

Seriously though, both should have been rejected as similar. Part of the problem I think is that it takes too much time to check the entire game gallery; first scanning each page to see if there are similar images, and then zooming in any possible matches to see if they are different languages or something. If there's more than a few pages it becomes a real burden. So some people seem to click accept by default, even when there are only a few pages to check.

What is needed I think is a way to GeekMod an image out of the game gallery and into the submitter's personal gallery. This could be used to de-clutter duplicates and images where an early poor quality version is superseded by a later better quality version. The move should keep thumbs, tips, comments and the image ID intact.

Or, at least allow GeekModders to filter existing images by the usual categories (box front, play etc) to cut down on the amount that has to be waded through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.