Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Revolver» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does shooting the hat off a character constitute a kill? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The True Grit rule on page 6 of the rules say that 'When a character [with a True Grit token on it] is killed for the first time, remove the token on this card and let [leave] the card in play.'

So, if I shoot the hat off (i.e. kill) Cortez (say), does the Colty gang still remove a cube from the Mexican border? Has Cortez been 'killed' for this purpose?

Related question: I presume the "I only came along fer the ride" card will cause ALL lawmen firepower cards to be removed from a location - regardless of whether they are wearing a hat (True Grit counter) or not.

But what about 'Stick of dynamite'? Will it kill a lawman of strength 3 who also wears a hat? Or does that count as a combined firepower of 6?

What about a lawman of strength 1? Does that count as combined firepower of 2?

My apologies if these questions have been answered somewhere else.

Absolutely loving this game!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Does shooting the hat off a character constitute a kill?


Yes.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
But what about 'Stick of dynamite'? Will it kill a lawman of strength 3 who also wears a hat? Or does that count as a combined firepower of 6?


It will remove the true grit token off a firepower 3 lawman.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I presume the "I only came along fer the ride" card will cause ALL lawmen firepower cards to be removed from a location - regardless of whether they are wearing a hat (True Grit counter) or not.


Yes, this is true.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
'Stick of dynamite' ... will remove the true grit token off a firepower 3 lawman


Thanks, Mark for your prompt answers - and a great game!

One outstanding clarification of the Stick of Dynamite...

Will it kill a lawman of strength 1 who also wears a hat? Does that count as combined firepower of 2?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
geocentrix wrote:
Yugblad wrote:
'Stick of dynamite' ... will remove the true grit token off a firepower 3 lawman


Thanks, Mark for your prompt answers - and a great game!

One outstanding clarification of the Stick of Dynamite...

Will it kill a lawman of strength 1 who also wears a hat? Does that count as combined firepower of 2?


There are no lawmen with Firepower:1 and who have true grit, Andrew.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
There are no lawmen with Firepower:1 and who have true grit


Oops! A hypothetical question, then. Thanks for answering, nevertheless.

It is great that you - the game's designer - take time to support your game like this. Thanks again.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Petersen
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
geocentrix wrote:

So, if I shoot the hat off (i.e. kill) Cortez (say), does the Colty gang still remove a cube from the Mexican border? Has Cortez been 'killed' for this purpose?


Referring to above, so its possible to remove two cubes from the Mexican border? Ie - one when Cortez's hat is shot off and one when Cortez is actually killed?
I thought the killed effects on the gang cards are only in effect when the gang member is actually killed, but its mentioned below that shooting a hat off counts as a kill (but does it still activate the "when killed" card effect?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kendovich wrote:
Referring to above, so its possible to remove two cubes from the Mexican border? Ie - one when Cortez's hat is shot off and one when Cortez is actually killed?


Umm, you don't remove cubes for killing bandits, apart from Manolito. You can earn two cubes removed from Cortez (or Skinny) if you Lightning Reflex a kill and the lawmen can't kill again this turn.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.