Subject: [UK/Worldwide] 17% off RRP voucher from Maelstrom Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. -- Neil Gaiman, Sandman Vol 6
badge
I dork therefore I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maelstrom Games have just put an email out offering a 17% off RRP voucher that's good until midnight gMT on the 9th of Jan. The voucher code is JANUARY-2012. Maelstrom do free international shipping, and seem to have a decent stock of Fantasy Flight games.

The voucher can't be used to purchase anything from the following ranges though:

- not on any Flames of War items
- not on any Gale Force Nine items
- not on any Kingdom Death items
- not on any Studio McVey items
- not on any Seeds of War items
- not on any Too Fat Lardies items

The email stresses that the voucher can be used any number of times and can be shared around freely. Maelstrom Games seem to do a 17% voucher every few months - I used the last one to order a couple of Arkham Horror expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
SpudTrooper wrote:
Slightly misleading as they already take into account the discount they already have off items. So for example if you buy something for £50 and it already had 10% off the RRP you only get a further 7% off. No other retailer I've ever dealt with does this.

Yes, somewhat misleading, or, rather, completely truthful, but written in such a way as to encourage you to mislead yourself. But then that's 'advertising'. How many shops are showing "up to 50% off" banners at the moment, and other similarly misleading claims?

But that is the way that Maelstrom works. If you know that, it is not a problem in the slightest. Their major problem is that they encourage (or is that 'train') their customers to wait for these discounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs P
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who cares!?!? Either way in Oz buying from Maelstrom is STILL cheaper than any stores we have and they post for free, great prices

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.