Subject: light of morrslieb & True Mage / Sorcerrer of sorcerer of tzeentch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Van Osselaer
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,

Me and my playgroup had a problem playing True Mage and sorcerer of tzeetntch. The card reads (Tzeeentch):

Action: When you play a development from your hand, put a resource token on this unit. Then, deal X damage to target unit. X is the number of resource tokens on this unit.

2 questions about that:
a) if you have light of morrslieb, so you can play 2 developments, can you do that action two times? (I supose the answer is yes).
b) If you have 2/3 cards of one of those, does each development trigger those 3 cards, or does it only trigger one? (so only one gets the resource token, or all 2/3 copies of the card).

Thanks in advance!

Funzleshpons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each action is separate. It only cares if you want to trigger it, and if its legal to do so (has its condition been met, have the costs been paid, does it have a legal target). It doesn't matter if there are other actions of the same type, or if it has been triggered before (unless it has a once per turn limit, or it has already been triggered for that exact trigger condition).

So the answer to a) and b) is indeed yes. If you have three Sorcerers of Tzeentch and play a development, you can for each of them decide if you want to trigger its action. If you then play another development, you again have the choice for each Sorcerer to trigger its action or not. Since they are separate actions, they all deal their damage separately too though, so you deal damage up to six times in this scenario, not one or two large batches of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice answer. I agree.

Planetary wrote:
Each action is separate. It only cares if you want to trigger it, and if its legal to do so (has its condition been met, have the costs been paid, does it have a legal target). It doesn't matter if there are other actions of the same type, or if it has been triggered before (unless it has a once per turn limit, or it has already been triggered for that exact trigger condition).

So the answer to a) and b) is indeed yes. If you have three Sorcerers of Tzeentch and play a development, you can for each of them decide if you want to trigger its action. If you then play another development, you again have the choice for each Sorcerer to trigger its action or not. Since they are separate actions, they all deal their damage separately too though, so you deal damage up to six times in this scenario, not one or two large batches of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.