Popular Tags: [View All]
michael dorazio
United States
Tyngsboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So when I'm looking to purchase painted minis for this game, what should I look for? Is it really necessary to acquire exactly the figures that come with the third edition set? I used to own the first edition set, and we didn't need all of the figures for most scenarios.

What's the straightforward approach (that doesn't involve any painting or prep from me) to getting what I need? I am not looking to buy up figures that need any prep at all. Just want to buy ready to go squads and stealers.

Thanks a ton.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Holm
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Buying already painted minis for this game could grant you a giant bill. Of course that all depends on the quality of the paint job...

In order to get the correct minis for the Terminators I guess you'd just have to look at a picture of the terminators included in the game.

There a sergeant with a storm bolter and and a power sword. There's a librarian with a power axe and a storm bolter. There's a terminator with a thunder hammer and a shield. One with power claws on both hands. One with a flamethrower. One with an Assault rifle. The rest I think is only equipped with storm bolter and a power fist. Maybe there's one with a chain fist. This can probably be built using 3 boxes of terminators. If you buy your own boxes then you can choose the chapter you want be it Space Wolves or Ultramarines. Just as long as you get 12 terminators with the options above you have for all the missions in the game.

For the genestealers you just need 22 and then a big one for the broodlord.

Again any paint commission in this number of minis might be through the roof. But if you got the money then Im sure you can contact a painter that does commissions and tell him to paint up terminators for Space Hulk and then he'll be able to customize them as needed.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael dorazio
United States
Tyngsboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. Thanks for all of the information. I guess I'm going with "not great" paint jobs from Ebay and not going to be too particular with the weapon arrangement. Should still look decent enough.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Royal
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I thought I would chime in. There are plenty of bits sellers on eBay so you can search for terminator and the particular weapon or equipment you want and find the bits you need without buying 3 boxes of the darn things. Most 40k players, like myself, do this type of shopping to get exactly what we need without over paying. You could start with a couple of sets of Assault on Black Reach terminators and work from that, as they are cheap enough. The next starter, due out this Fall, will have Deathwing if you want to wait for those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.