Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the new version (with cubes instead of crayons), and was hoping to play it tonight. But, I see a discrepancy in the rules for final scoring.

For the dividend scoring, you always divide the railroad's income by 5 shares (regardless of how many shares are outstanding). But the Final Payoff rules are different:

... and each player is paid a final railroad stock dividend based on Income, Value and the actual number of outstanding shares.

The formula given is:
(Value + Income) / number of shares sold, Round fraction up.

But, the example says:

The Income for the MP is at 55, the Value is 85, and only 4 shares were sold during the course of the game, three to Ed, and one to John. (( 55 + 85) / 4 ) = $28. John gets $28 for his share and Ed gets $84 for his three shares in the MP.

Everything is consistent until you get to $28. That is the value I would get if I divided by 5. I'm assuming that it should be $35. John, can you confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He can't confirm here. Try email ti the winsome address or the yahoo group. Please add his reply here when you get it.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
He can't confirm here. Try email ti the winsome address or the yahoo group. Please add his reply here when you get it.

B>
Ok, I had sent him email also.

As soon as I get a reply, I'll be sure to update this.

EDIT: Got a reply:

Quote:
Shoot! Yep, your sharp eyes are right, Aron, that should be 35, not 28.
Thank you for pointing out the arithmetic error, I don't like mistakes
and will correct that in any future reprint. We strive for perfect rules.
Darn!!
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.