Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
ok so my gf and friend and his gf fired up our first game (well my gf's and my first game) with the expansion and and odd question popped up...it ended not mattering in the end cause my girlfriend ended up winning with culture before I could with techs but i want to know exactly how (or if) i could make it work. ok i was the greeks (which i cam away impressed with) and had a bunch of start of turn abilities. At the beginning of the turn i activated big ben to get some resources (which doesnt matter at this point), ok so i have a public education with 8 counters on it and I have the great person A.P Giannini (which reads...Start of turn: Each time you invest a coin, build an unlocked building in one of your cities for free). I also have Plastics tech that allows me to build a free building or unit that i have unlocked...so my plan was to get the last two academies for free by unlucking military science with the last ivestment token on public education. BUT heres where we were confused on the timing..

of 1st: i get my resources off of big ben
2nd: i invest the 9th token in public education...which triggers both itself and the great person...

question is...can i choose which triggers first? cause my plan was the trigger the 9th investment token to unlock military science then use AP Giannini to get one of the remaining 2 military buildings for free and then use plastics to get the other for free and proceed with my turn.

thanks ahead of time for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Kreiner-Møller
Denmark
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose the order the abilities are triggered in. That is at least how I play it.

Example: switch to republic and build a city with an army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, any start of turn effects is like city management. You can choose the order of effects, but still in player order. So player 1 do all start of turn stuffs, then player 2 do start of turn stuffs, etc.

This is particularly important when resolving culture cards at start of turn, especially the ones that discarding the coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.