Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a big fan of the base Evolution game, I have been monitoring this site and the publisher's site regarding the release of the English version of the expansion, Evolution: Time to Fly. Unfortunately, unlike most games on BGG, the publisher does not seem interested in updating potential customers with the status of this game.

This post is mainly meant for the publishers/designer, if they are monitoring BGG - which they should if they want to succeed in the board game industry. Potential customers have become accustomed to the designers and publishers of games being active on BGG. Let's face it, it is free advertising to a captive audience of your target customers. Even if you do not have definite target dates, etc for your releases, you should respond to threads like, "When will this be released?" That saves you from needing to respond to individual emails (which you don't seem to do anyway), and it helps keep people interested in your game.

Today, there are more and more games competing for the attention and money of potential customers. If you don't do that little extra by keeping fans informed, they will move their attention elsewhere, and when your game is released in the biggest markets, no one will notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Unfortunate Lack of Feedback from Publisher
I enjoy Evolution: the Origin of Species a lot and keep my eyes on Time to Fly for a while. I even sent geekamil and gmail to the publisher but nothing bounced back.
Maybe they are just too busy. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Tulovskiy
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear readers,

Unfortunately, we were very busy after Essen fair. That’s why we couldn’t monitore this site and answer your posts.

Dear Michael,
We are pleased that you like the game “Evolution”.
At the first time our board games was represented at the fair in Essen in this autumn.
We were happy that foreign gamers showed the same interest as the Russians did.
So, after the fair we decided to publish the expansions of the game “Evolution” and “Potion-making”.
We intend that these expansions will be published in March 2012.
Probably, even earlier.

I can say for sure that this expansions will be showed at the next fair in Essen in 2012.

When the expansion “Time to Fly” is ready we will put up a notice about it on our website and bbg blog:
Board games of Russia and Ukraine

Best regards,
Rightgamer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was good to hear from you. The reaction to Evolution in my game groups when I introduced it was very positive. I didn't want you to miss out on any "buzz" over here about your game, and I was hoping you would respond positively - which you did.

Sometimes, just dropping a note on BGG just to remind everybody you are here will help keep you on the radar. "Time to Fly" looks too promising to slip through the cracks!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Tulovskiy
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropping a note:
Now we have put up rules of the expansion "Time to Fly":
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/weblink/118062/rules-english-pd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new traits look great! I can't wait to add them to the game.

Just to save you from the need to do future clarifications, I wanted to point out something that may be confusing on the "Intellect" card (or I might be dumb, and it is only me it is confusing):

"“Intellect” allows a carnivore to eat any animal with only one protective trait. The owner of the carnivore chooses which trait his/her animal will ignore"

I think it is just a translation issue, but does it mean that the animal with intellect may only attack an animal with one protective trait attached to it, or does it mean that the animal with intellect may attack an animal with multiple traits, but it only ignores one of those traits?

And if you need any play testers, I suppose I might be able to help!whistle

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, the second interpretation is correct. Carnivorous animal with intellect is allowed to ignore one of the traits of its prey once a turn.

We will try to fix the text of translation there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Quote:

Now we have put up rules of the expansion "Time to Fly"
it's not stated in the rules, but I guess a carnivore without flying cannot eat a flying
, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
it's not stated in the rules, but I guess a carnivore without flying cannot eat a flying
, right?

No. And I guess that it is biologically correct. There are a lot of examples when not flying mammals hunt birds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liubov Machina
Russia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news! “Evolution: Time to Fly” expansion is put on sale now! You can buy it on eBay.

And you can already see the description: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/97277/evolut...

and download the rules in English from our website: http://www.russianboardgames.com/rules_evolution_addon_eng.p...

I hope you will like the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.