Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into the subject situation today on our first play. I went first and rolled an Assistant. I paid the quiddity and summoned the Assistant. As the rules state, I must attack an opponent. With my opponent having no creature with which to defend (they had not taken their first turn yet), how is the attack resolved? I found no mention of this in the rules, nor the FAQ, nor here.

I assume that since there are no defenders, the attack has no effect and the die becomes used.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ursus_Major wrote:
I ran into the subject situation today on our first play. I went first and rolled an Assistant. I paid the quiddity and summoned the Assistant. As the rules state, I must attack an opponent. With my opponent having no creature with which to defend (they had not taken their first turn yet), how is the attack resolved? I found no mention of this in the rules, nor the FAQ, nor here.

I assume that since there are no defenders, the attack has no effect and the die becomes used.

Thanks in advance!

No effect. The attack is just to destroy other creatures so that they don't stick around long enough to score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Saucedo
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You basically skip your attack phase but the dice does not get used, it stays in your ready area, and tries to stay alive until the start of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The attack happens... It just does nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You don't discard dice on any attack, successful or unsuccessful. Only the defender discards if they fail to defend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisha Holloway
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You attack the darkness.
ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.