Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase 1 out of the following 4 games and require some help in deciding. I've also included some games that I already own which might be loosely related to these 4 games. Based on these I request you people to let me know which one will be the most unique addition to my collection and why.

The games that I'm considering:

- Eminent Domain- Games I own which might relate to this are: Glory to Rome, Puerto Rico, Race for the Galaxy, Dominion

- Strike of the Eagle- I own Commands and Colors: Ancients and Twilight Struggle

- Automobile- I own Brass, Steam, Troyes, Caylus, Euphrates & Tigris, Imperial, Poseidon (Essentially heavy Euros)

- First Train to Nuremberg- Again Steam, Brass, Thurn & Taxis, Power Grid, Imperial, Princes of Florence

As I said, the games I own might not have any direct comparison, but as I live in India I can't try games before hand and then buy hence this request.

Best,
Madhu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Automobile differs from Steam or other Wallace games in that it's a "push money foward" game not an efficiency/pricing game like Steam. The hidden demand mechanism is also quite interesting while not feeling random at all.

That said, it has role selection like Basic Steam which creates some overlap. Roles are not as important as in Steam, tough.

I don't think it's particularly unique but it's a very good game and you don't seem to have games like this in your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the first two on your list, but I'd echo the good advice you've been given on Automobile. It's very "compact" for a Wallace game - easily plays in 2 hours - but retains so much of what makes Wallace games fun. I'd say it's closer to Brass and Troyes on the associated list you give, than the others on the list.

First Train to Nuremberg is more "eclectic" than the others, but that may not be a good thing. Put another way, given the lists of what you already own, I'm positive you would greatly enjoy Automobile, while Nuremberg is more of a personal taste which you may thoroughly enjoy (and consider the uniqueness a big plus), or you may not care for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destroyer of Islands
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madhujith wrote:

- Eminent Domain- Games I own which might relate to this are: Glory to Rome, Puerto Rico, Race for the Galaxy, Dominion

Well, I own Glory to Rome, Dominion, and San Juan (which Race for the Galaxy is based on), and I love Eminent Domain. I also still play GtR and Dominion a lot. And the occasional San Juan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going through a lot of reviews currently and the suggestions above are also pointing me towards Automobile.

I've dropped Strike of the Eagle for now and the order of preference is

Automobile>Eminent Domain>First Train...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.