Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Kosmowski
United States
Syracuse / Utica area
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other reviews here do a good job of reviewing this game in general. This review focuses on two player gaming and (more importantly to me) why my wife enjoys the game.

In two player mode, each player takes two colors of districts (blue and red or yellow and green) to play as one big stack. Each player has a common pool of victory points, but each tile is scored separately by color. So, usually one player walks off with two VP awards and the other player just one, though it is quite possible for each player to only take one VP award.

Ties in a two player game are awarded to the player not finishing the tile, so one needs to decide whether the ability to place the next location is more important than losing a tie for VP award.

My wife enjoys the game as the mechanics are not complicated and the game is primarily about building your own attempts to score tiles, with very limited chances for directly messing with your opponents chance to score the tile.

To summarize, the two player game offers the opportunity for some interesting strategic decisions as well as limited direct conflict, though the mechanic for direct conflict is only a very minor portion of the game mechanic.

I bought my copy at a sale at a friend's FOOTGS (F local out of town GS) about a year ago for $5 on the clearance rack. We just now are getting around to cracking it open and it was a very, very worthwhile expenditure. So far there seems to be a rather small intersection of games that both my wife and I enjoy, so I probably wouldn't have taken the risk of buying this game if it was not on the clearance rack. Having said that, though, the game is quite enjoyable and I suggest this game for players who want to enjoy a quick, uncomplicated game where direct conflict is not a major part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won this in an auction and haven't gotten it to the table yet. I may now.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.