Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read an article about a board game called "Punaisten ja valkoisten taistelu Suomessa 1918"(=Battle of the Reds and the Whites in Finland in 1918) which depicts The Finnish civil war. The game was relased in December 1918, the war only ended in May. The game was heavily potically and ideologically influenced even though it was gameplaywise balanced. I only saw a glimpse of the rules in the documentary film on TV but historian explained the rules to be "a roll and move"-type of game, at least I catched that you rolled a D6 and you were able to move that many units on your turn. Overall the rules were said to be akward and strange, at least in the standards of those days. The question remains unclear if this is a wargame (maybe not) but at least it's a great piece Finnish boardgaming history amd also shows the atmosphere after the war; a historical "historical game". I want this game to be listed in BGG

Google translate link
It looks a bit like Maria on the map of Finland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
YOU 'inspired' 'moi' for then "presents" this here.
"Finland WARS Series" cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting! Thanks for the link and photo!

I am aware of only two other games on the Finnish Civil War, both in English:

Finnish Civil War

Under the North Star: The Finnish Civil War 1918

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
zombie ~"why not?" I'm 'necro~resurreckon`n' this, so maybe some other will take notice, you "Klingon"-'translater`n-than-never`n'!
sauron ~"ere-way lingon-Kay ith-way ig-pay atin-lay kay-Oay?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.