Subject: The Trials of Zorek rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Trials of Zorek wrote:
When you draw this card, you must immediately reveal it and perform an influence bid. The highest bidder places an influence token on one of your heroes and another influence in any area containing a city. When the hero is in the chosen area during the Quest Phase he trains each of his attributes and then receives a Reward.

1) Can the highest bidder place an influence token on your Commander? Wording suggests he can, but it sounds like a loophole, and makes the quest thematically weird. When this happened to me, I had to transfer the Commander card before I let him go on to achieve the quest.

2) After revealing this Quest, I suppose it's no longer in your hand and doesn't count toward your 3-quest card limit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
The Trials of Zorek wrote:
When you draw this card, you must immediately reveal it and perform an influence bid. The highest bidder places an influence token on one of your heroes and another influence in any area containing a city. When the hero is in the chosen area during the Quest Phase he trains each of his attributes and then receives a Reward.

1) Can the highest bidder place an influence token on your Commander? Wording suggests he can, but it sounds like a loophole, and makes the quest thematically weird. When this happened to me, I had to transfer the Commander card before I let him go on to achieve the quest.

I don't see why not, as written; it forces you to decide if you want to complete the quest or not.

Quote:
2) After revealing this Quest, I suppose it's no longer in your hand and doesn't count toward your 3-quest card limit?

I would say it still does count, until it is resolved or discarded. However, when we've had this come up, we've said the quest was a failure and discarded if the hero dies or if the city is destroyed, but otherwise it counts as one of your 3 quests until that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.