Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Can you rotate home systems during setup?

I think you can not, since wormhole position is stated in setup diagrams, but didn´t noticed it during first games: when placing home system, initial player just placed home system with wormholes facing at their convenience. Where we doing it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't choose home system orientation. You have to follow the orientation in the setup diagram in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
No, home systems must be placed with the wormholes as shown in the setup diagram.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
zorro_jv wrote:
Can you rotate home systems during setup?

No.

zorro_jv wrote:
Where we doing it wrong?

Yes.

The wormhole orientation is indeed determined by the starting setup diagrams in the rulebook. This is to guarantee as balanced starting position to each player as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you see wormhole orientation on the setup diagrams? The rulebook diagrams do show a rectangular type design on the starting hexes, pointing in different directions, but the starting hexes themselves don't show this design. So, am not sure how they relate. We just assumed that each starting hex was supposed to point toward the center hex. That is, the VP indicator would be oriented towards the center hex. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
On page 5 of the manual theres a box showing starting positions:

(click on the image to enlarge and see them better)

there's a little circle on the home systems showing where the wormholes are suposed to be faced to (i missed it on a first reading)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.