A Few Acres of Snow» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does a location card made "useless" still have effect on a siege? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EuroPeon
United States
flag msg tools
I understand this rule from the section about raids:
"You cannot use a location card in any manner if you do not have control of that location..."

Use in the case, I assume refers to playing the card from your hand to preform any sort of function within an action. But does it also refer to a card currently being used for military force in a siege (i.e. laying in one of the siege piles)?

So if I raid a location and make it "useless" can I now remove that card's effect on a siege it is being used in and move the siege track in my favor, respectively? If yes, does that card remain in the siege pile? Do I "tap" it to give it summoning sickness and indicate it is has no effect?

(Thematically, I imagine that hearing your farm, wife and children have been possibly raided would make you desert your post at a siege and go try to pick up the pieces of your life whistle)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That rule is to be used at the moment you play the card.
If the card is already committed at a siege it doesn't loose its influence. This is how we play it, but I agree that its strange to have the same location fighting for both sides surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you use the card at the moment at which you play it to the siege to move the marker. After that it's just sitting there in the pile. If you lose control of the location, there is no effect on the ongoing siege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EuroPeon
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks. I feel like the rulebook could have used an accompanying glossary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
No, you use the card at the moment at which you play it to the siege to move the marker. After that it's just sitting there in the pile. If you lose control of the location, there is no effect on the ongoing siege.

Hmm, which actually would be an incentive to lose the siege, since you can then get rid of the now useless location card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Eric Brosius wrote:

Hmm, which actually would be an incentive to lose the siege, since you can then get rid of the now useless location card.

Can't dump location cards after losing, only empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.