Subject: ...mortars and Firepower Vs. Target rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi everyone,
after having spent time and resources in LnL squad system , here i am to start new adventure in WaW platoon system !!!

and, of course, here are my first questions whistle :

i am confused about mortat units rule
1)can Mortar units attack Hard Targets?...they have only HE ammo so i think they can not.

2) But what about thin-skinned AFV units? can they be attacked by mortar units? and if yes, do thin-skinned AFV units defend with their armor factor or roll only for defensive terrain?

can You help me or write a link where it has been already debated and explained?

In addition, i would like be sure about following point:
3)HE Firepower can be used only against soft targets (those with no Armor Factor), Helicopters and thin-skinned AFV units, correct?
AP Firepower can be used only against hard targets, helicopters and unarmored vehicles...right?

Thank a lot for You support

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, check out the FAQ that is posted for World at War. It has a whole bunch of answers collected for the most common issues. It's an excellent resource. It will greatly help clear up anything that is not clear.

1) Mortars can fire on armored targets, but can only dsirupt them at most just as HE artillery.

2) Same here, they can only disrupt. The target only gets the terrain defense roll.

3) You are correct!

Enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Schulte wrote:
First of all, check out the FAQ that is posted for World at War. It has a whole bunch of answers collected for the most common issues. It's an excellent resource. It will greatly help clear up anything that is not clear.

1) Mortars can fire on armored targets, but can only dsirupt them at most just as HE artillery.

2) Same here, they can only disrupt. The target only gets the terrain defense roll.

3) You are correct!

Enjoy the game.

Thank a lot Jeff...

where can i find FAQ You posted?...is that in BGG forum page relating WaW "Eisenbach Gap"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the files section for each WaW game.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/67493/waw-rules-update-and...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Schulte wrote:
It's in the files section for each WaW game.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/67493/waw-rules-update-and...

Yep, now i've got it cool

thank again and have a nice day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Stefano, you crack me up...... I'm not sure what we are going to do with you.ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cry
hipshot wrote:
Stefano, you crack me up...... I'm not sure what we are going to do with you.ninja

Hi Kev
it is not my guilt!!! blush

I was so quiet with my LnL squad system cool (you know what i mean ) when one of my friends had the brilliant idea to gift me WaW "Blood and Bridges"...and, as you can easily image, he unleashed my attention for WaW.

BTW...do not worry : i'll go on to crack you up with the incoming LnL modules!!!! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love it. Keep asking questions!!laugh Love themcool
This is a great series!!
I was lucky enough to test a new scenario for LNL....!!!! VERY COOL. Have you ordered the H&P one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lohse
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the WaW series. Hope you enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Domenici
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blushOK, folks, it's my fault...

Falagar is a frequent boardgame opponent and an old friend of mine.

World at war Blood and Bridges has been a Christmas gift that has already unleashed a small barrage of requests for rule clarifications BEFORE we started our first scenario.

However, the graphics are (as usual for LNL games) outstanding and the rule system simple and interesting.

Being a veteran squad-level player (ASL and all that), platoon sized tank warfare simulation has always interested me (never tried the old AH Tank Leader).

Expect an after-action report from sunny Italy soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
moresby wrote:
blushOK, folks, it's my fault...

Falagar is a frequent boardgame opponent and an old friend of mine.

World at war Blood and Bridges has been a Christmas gift that has already unleashed a small barrage of requests for rule clarifications BEFORE we started our first scenario.

However, the graphics are (as usual for LNL games) outstanding and the rule system simple and interesting.

Being a veteran squad-level player (ASL and all that), platoon sized tank warfare simulation has always interested me (never tried the old AH Tank leader).

with pictures!!! and shots of great espresso and hot..umm dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
moresby wrote:

My God, what I wouldn't give to see the bloody sun in Michigan for more than one day out of ten!!!!

Happy New Year and enjoy the game whatever the weather maybe, just don't tell me how nice it islaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.