Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played through the intro scenario twice and already I'm ready for some expensive expansions. Is there any news of expansions in the works?

Are there any publicly-available fan-created scenarios?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would we want from an expansion? More heroes, more foes, more spell/item/follower cards, more terrain, or "all of the above"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
What would we want from an expansion? More heroes, more foes, more spell/item/follower cards, more terrain, or "all of the above"?

Yes please. And especially more scenarios. I'd like to have new scenarios of each variety (cooperative, semi-cooperative, PvP).

When I was much younger I used to spend countless hours creating quests for HeroQuest but these days I'm too busy/lazy to do so for Mage Knight.

I'm one of those who will spend just about whatever they want to charge for a good expansion to a game I love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Put me down for All of the Above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
RDewsbery wrote:

Yes please. And especially more scenarios. I'd like to have new scenarios of each variety (cooperative, semi-cooperative, PvP).

Solo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with the Full game, so don't really need new scenarios, but maybe a balanced way to do 2v1 in Full would be neat. More characters / location types / enemies / cards to integrate into the Full game are definitely welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes indeed, I was thinking about this too. I would also love to see a progression to the storyline. For example take all of the above elements and apply it to say...conquering the Draconum tombs, seeing as the Atlantean empire has been plundered, sacked, and terrorized through all the present scenarios (I never said I did any such things...) Other areas/kingdoms could be generated from the original Mage Knight Lore though I admit I never played it.

Funny how the game has just come out and we are thinking of future content. Its hard to resist.

This game is incredible on many levels and expansion seems inevitable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Unger
Germany
Leipzig
Sachsen
flag msg tools
A Lannister always pays his debts.
badge
"There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes."
mbmbmbmb
Right now I'd love to see (in that order):

- new advanced action cards
- new map tiles
- new enemies
- new heroes
- new spells
- new artifacts
- new scenarios

I'd happily pay a lot of money for that blush

Ninja edited for clarity ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Schaulustiger wrote:
Right now I'd love to see (in that order):

o new advanced action cards
o new map tiles
o new enemies
o new heroes
o new spells
o new artifacts
o new scenarios

I'd happily pay a lot of money for that blush

You'd pay a lot of money for zero of everything...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I also agree that even though I've only spent about 4 hours with this game, I would run out now and get an expansion if it existed. It's just that good

I think more monsters, spells, advanced actions, tiles, etc., would be fantastic, though I'd love to see some more cooperative/solo missions spring up, kind of like they released for the D and D adventure board games (castle ravenloft, etc).

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally ready for expansions as much as the next game-obsessed geek, but let's be fair: there is a LOT of game in this box! Co-op, Solo, randomized map, randomized monster stacks, randomized card decks--the list goes on! I've played several games now and I haven't seen all of the advanced skill cards, spells, and artifacts in play yet!

Still, I'll pre-order an expansions as soon as it's available to buy.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quests
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Schryer
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Threats and monsters that move, ambush, and otherwise hassle players would be nice. Right now they just kinda stand around and wait to die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
Quests and moving enemies would be a very cool addition, also maybe more simple equipment that can be acquired from merchants or through quests. One of the few things this game lacks is an "alive" game world with "people" in it that interact with the Mage Knights in a more active way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first request would be more heroes. I play this mostly solo, and it would be awesome to have more heroes to try out. I also think if they came out with a big expansion, it would go over well. Just more of everything, for more variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.