Subject: Provisions ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kergen ramirez
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this for the first time today. I couldn't see anywhere in the rules that said you spend the number of provisions on the adventure card, to me it makes sense that you would Spend the number of provisions on the card and if you don't have enough roll the dice, if you don't spend you end up with a huge amount of provision tokens even when you loose them over the game, what is correct here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silvertongue
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you need to roll the number of provision, and if you fail you may spend the needed number from your supplies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kergen ramirez
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes that makes perfect sense now thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianni Pagan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another quick question or 2 about provisions and quests.
Where it says you need at least 2 provisions to begin a quest,do you expend those provisions for every quest you attempt?
or do you just need to have 2 to do it?

also when someone completes a quest the next player gets to attempt the next quest what happens if they fail or indeed if they pass, we got a bit confused on the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bob the happy zombie wrote:

Where it says you need at least 2 provisions to begin a quest,do you expend those provisions for every quest you attempt?
or do you just need to have 2 to do it?

You just need 2, there is no cost for attempting an Adventure (though failure tiles often eat up provisions).

Quote:
also when someone completes a quest the next player gets to attempt the next quest what happens if they fail or indeed if they pass, we got a bit confused on the order.

Let's say 3-player game, A/B/C. Player A completes the first Adventure, its B's turn to go at Adv #2. If he fails, C can try and then even A, if B succeeds, its C's turn to go for Adv #3. At least that's my recollection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
[q="bob the happy zombie"]
Quote:

Let's say 3-player game, A/B/C. Player A completes the first Adventure, its B's turn to go at Adv #2. If he fails, C can try and then even A, if B succeeds, its C's turn to go for Adv #3. At least that's my recollection.

This is incorrect. Every adventure goes by initiative. So, the player with the highest initiative will go first on every adventure drawn. This makes having the highest initiative very impactful, although what I've noticed is that by raising the initiative that player usually doesn't have enough provisions to sustain more than one failure and so the other players will catch up in the later adventures that are drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChiefAaron wrote:

This is incorrect. Every adventure goes by initiative. So, the player with the highest initiative will go first on every adventure drawn. This makes having the highest initiative very impactful, although what I've noticed is that by raising the initiative that player usually doesn't have enough provisions to sustain more than one failure and so the other players will catch up in the later adventures that are drawn.

Maybe you need to recheck your rules:

"If the player meets or exceeds all of the requirements on the Adventure
card, he wins the challenge and takes the indicated number of jewels from
the treasure pile and returns the Adventure card to the box. Then the
player to the left of the successful player reveals the next Adventure card.
" (p. 4)

emphasis mine

Only if everyone fails or passes on an Adventure does the highest Initiative get first dibs on the next Adventure.

"After a players looses a challenge, he passes the Adventure card to the
next player, in clockwise order.  The new player then decides if he wants to pass or attempt to overcome the challenge fi ght, and so on. If all players have either passed or failed the challenge, the Adventure card is returned to the box and the player with the highest Initiative reveals the next Adventure card." (p. 4)

Seriously, how are you getting highest Initiative goes first every time from those rules, especially the first quote?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely misread it. Big time. Wonder who really would have won all those games I've played? Haha.

Thank you for setting me straight! I clearly was melding different sections of the rule book together incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.