United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most games starting with "The" will be alphabetized according to the first non-"The" word. (So the default "The Bottle Imp" is alphabetized with the B's.) But if you type in a custom name that starts with "The", the "The" is not ignored. (So the custom "The Starfarers of Catan" is alphabetized with the T's, not the S's.)

I discovered this when finding a workaround for a bug: rename something using its title and then a space, then it won't show the version name (because it's no longer one of the preset names). So I renamed, for instance, "The Climbers" into "The Climbers " (note the space), and I don't get the version info cluttering the Name field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, it's not automatic. The sort order is manually set when the item is approved. Given that, it's not too surprising you also don't get automatic sorting of custom names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.