Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly OT, but an entertaining story on poor customer service and how quickly it can bite you....

http://venturebeat.com/2011/12/27/ocean-marketing-how-to-sel...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been watching that unfold. And, check it, here's the PA strip as promised:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McDrunk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
mbmbmbmbmb
I been following this debacle for the last few days. There was only one ending foreseeable - Christoforo life going down the toilet.

I love Krahulik's quote at the end of the article: "When these assholes threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the f-ing ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."

edit: changed curse word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following this as well and I have one serious issue with that whole saga: people brought his wife and kid(s?) into it. Trash him all you want, destroy his professional career online, get a good laugh at him posting on steroids websites about taking estrogen, but his family didn't do anything to deserve this (well, you can wonder what kind of person his wife is that would marry someone like this, but certainly not children).

Other than that, though, it's really made the internet a 35% more enjoyable place recently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do agree with that. The guy deserves all the flaming he can get, not only is he an egotistical a-hole, but he treats customers like dirt. He's a bully who is only tough when he's got the upper hand.

Customers make the company, not the other way around. His company deserves to go down in flames, it's a pity the genesis of the product was for such a good reason. (At the very least he should be kicked out of it, I don't know if he's the sole owner or what. The disadvantage to his company going down is I assume there are other employees who would be affected.)

But his family should be off-limits, unless and until they bring themselves into the fray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Flowood
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was a pretty humorous take on the whole thing.

NSFW Language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deaddogdays wrote:
I thought this was a pretty humorous take on the whole thing.

NSFW Language.

The "on Lycos" bit had me rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Senor Misterioso
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
did his wife and kids really get put into it or are we taking his word for it? What has been done to them exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterioso wrote:
did his wife and kids really get put into it or are we taking his word for it? What has been done to them exactly?

I've seen people post that they found his wife on Facebook and message her to dump him. Their baby registry on amazon has also been linked to.

While I do agree that this guy was a jerk and deserves to be fired, I find it interesting that the same internet community that will rage against anti-privacy acts has no qualms about using their collective power to research and publicly post every facet of someone's life they can get their hands on. e-mob mentality at its finest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Senor Misterioso
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
ah, that's too bad, I do agree that she should be left out of it.

The rage of the internet knows no bounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The beast has had a taste of flesh and won't sleep until its full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sexton
United States
MOUNTLAKE TERRACE
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Amazing! People really need to check what they say before they open their mouths. What a dumb ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the key to internet PR...

#1. Know the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cphpitts wrote:
I find it interesting that the same internet community that will rage against anti-privacy acts has no qualms about using their collective power to research and publicly post every facet of someone's life they can get their hands on. e-mob mentality at its finest.

It's bad if the government does it. But if I do it, it's fine!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
cphpitts wrote:
I find it interesting that the same internet community that will rage against anti-privacy acts..

Not sure what SOPA has to do with the Asshat, but let's address your second comment.

cphpitts wrote:
...has no qualms about using their collective power to research and publicly post every facet of someone's life they can get their hands on. e-mob mentality at its finest.

Welcome to the Dark Side of the internet. People always talk about the pitfalls of social networking, ie Facebook, but it goes WAY beyond that. The internet is FOREVER. All it takes is a little Google-Foo.

If you don;'t think his response shows he has anger management issues maybe the his postings over on the steroid forums show that its delayed roid rage.

After reading Christoforo's response on MSNBS today, I think

Wil Wheaton
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

summed it up best.

"This guy sounds like a sociopath. I'm speechless."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hahnarama wrote:
[q="cphpitts"]
If you don;'t think his response shows he has anger management issues maybe the his postings over on the steroid forums show that its delayed roid rage.

Oh, I think he has anger management issues all right. He's done this before. I said he deserved to be fired.

I'm not talking about SOPA (I don't think that even has anything to do with privacy, does it?). I was referencing things more like the patriot act or even Facebook's multiple and various privacy settings snafus.

Its just human nature to fight to protect their own privacy but have no second though about invading those of others if it proves a point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad I thought/I read P-I-R-A-C--Y when you wrote privacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oogie Da Bruce
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
@OogieDaBruce
badge
You can't repel flavor of that magnitude!
mbmbmbmbmb
Been watching the fallout of this and Hahn's right:

hahnarama wrote:
All it takes is a little Google-Foo.

And found this:

"Ocean Marketing's Paul Christoforo has a Record of Domestic Violence"

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/4224/article/ocean-market...

In the article, there's a link to the San Diego police report.

Perhaps Wil is right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When this guy uses the term "PR":

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Charney
United States
Saint Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Just wow... talk about messing with the wrong person...

What a collosal cluster-fu@k...

I feel sorry for his family...on SO many levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtcarson wrote:
Customers make the company, not the other way around. His company deserves to go down in flames, it's a pity the genesis of the product was for such a good reason. (At the very least he should be kicked out of it, I don't know if he's the sole owner or what. The disadvantage to his company going down is I assume there are other employees who would be affected.)

He was a marketing firm. Ocean Marketing doesn't make the controllers or anything, they just represent, market and sell them.

The real people behind the Avenger have fired Ocean as a result of this wankery.

Nevermind that their PREVIOUS marketing firm (HAND Media) dumped THEM as a client because of their ongoing association with Christoforo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:
He was a marketing firm. Ocean Marketing doesn't make the controllers or anything, they just represent, market and sell them.

The real people behind the Avenger have fired Ocean as a result of this wankery.

Nevermind that their PREVIOUS marketing firm (HAND Media) dumped THEM as a client because of their ongoing association with Christoforo

If you read everything that has been dug up on this douche bag you will see that he runs a business WITH the guy who does make the controllers. It's registered in the State of Florida. The manufacturer is not as innocent as he claims.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
hahnarama wrote:
palmerkun wrote:

If you read everything that has been dug up on this douche bag you will see that he runs a business WITH the guy who does make the controllers. It's registered in the State of Florida. The manufacturer is not as innocent as he claims.

Maybe we whould have
N/A
look in on it...
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya maybe Pete should spread some love, so to speak...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.