Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I did not name the correct card but I played last night with absolute zero and was wondering about the card (which I believe is named coolant blast) that, as a power, lets him deal damage equal to the fire damage dealt to him since the end of his last turn.

My question is whether that means the fire damage he deals to himself during his turn would be counted towards this card and if not, then is this a useless card unless your fighting something that does fire damage?

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure damage to yourself is counted. However, since it's "since the end of your last turn", damage you did to yourself last turn won't help. Mostly, this card is an awesome follow-up to Hoarfire, or, as you said, against enemies that deal fire damage. (Like Warrior-version Voss).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okay, thanks!!! - I just couldn't figure out the strategy for this card. I am beginning to understand it now. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bender
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Any fire damage dealt to Absolute Zero, including damage he deals himself, counts for the purposes of this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aldred wrote:
Any fire damage dealt to Absolute Zero, including damage he deals himself, counts for the purposes of this card.

That meant any fire damage AZ dealt to himself this turn before using this Power, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as well as any damage dealt to him since the end of his last turn. So Ra could have shot Absolute Zero for some extra damage, and then maybe some Environment fire damage could have occurred, plus some fire damage from some Villain Targets, and then, on Absolute Zero's turn, he could play "Hoarfire" and deal himself some more fire damage, and then use "Coolant Blast" to reap the benefits of all that!

Craziness! But Absolute Zero is intentionally the most complicated.

Does this help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skjoldulfr wrote:
Yes, as well as any damage dealt to him since the end of his last turn. So Ra could have shot Absolute Zero for some extra damage, and then maybe some Environment fire damage could have occurred, plus some fire damage from some Villain Targets, and then, on Absolute Zero's turn, he could play "Hoarfire" and deal himself some more fire damage, and then use "Coolant Blast" to reap the benefits of all that!

Craziness! But Absolute Zero is intentionally the most complicated.

Does this help?

That's crazy! cool

On a side note, one of my friend nicknamed AZ as Absolutely Zero because his innate power inflicts damage on himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! So there are potentially a lot of different combos you could do to get Absolute Zero to do some massive damage.

He is definitely an intriguing hero to play with - but you've got to play him right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does "dealt" mean that AZ has to take the damage? Or could he be immune to damage and still it would count as damage "dealt"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure he has to take the damage for that damage to be considered dealt -- otherwise it was just attempted to be dealt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vali Lean
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this an old thread, but I'm hoping someone can still give me some help on a Coolant Blast question.

Playing against Citizen Dawn. Citizen Summer was one of the villains put into play at setup. Citizen Summer does 3 Fire damage to two heroes.

Absolute Zero plays Coolant Blast...
1) Coolant Blast wasn't in play when he took the three Fire Damage from Citizen Summer, does he still get to count it?

2) Assuming that the general case answer to the above is 'yes' (that Coolant Blast counts damage that occurred before Coolant Blast was in play), Coolant Blast says, "where X is the amount of Fire Damage taken since the end of your last turn". Of course, in this case, it's the first turn of the game... so, can AB still count the 3 damage taken?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it does count, even if Coolant Blast wasn't out at the time.

And I would allow it to count the stuff that's happened since the start of the game on AZ's first turn.

I can't say Ive seen rulings on either of these two, but it just seems to make the most sense to treat them that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
I'd say it does count, even if Coolant Blast wasn't out at the time.

And I would allow it to count the stuff that's happened since the start of the game on AZ's first turn.

I can't say Ive seen rulings on either of these two, but it just seems to make the most sense to treat them that way.

Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.