Popular Tags: [View All]
KT
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just reading through the rules for the first time and I'm confused as to why there are 4 workers for each player.

In phase 2, you have to choose one of five options. option C is to place a worker on a card by paying 1 coin.
Later in phase 4 (in the standard rules) the building is activated and the worker brought back to hand.

So you have placed 1 and later got that 1 back, why would you ever need more than 1? The only thing I can think of is that you can repeat actions, like pay n coins to place n workers, but I can't find anywhere this is written.

I know I have missed something, someone else would have asked this question by now if its not me. plase help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each players will can take turns performing an action from Phase 2 multiple times (until they run out coin to pay for actions) before they choose to pass. So you could place all four workers in this phase before moving to the next phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I actually had to think carefully to picture what you thought needed doing meeple.

The idea is that all players place all of their workers first, one worker at a time; and only when that is done (or the players chose to pass earlier), are all cards with workers on them resolved. Workers only reserve a card action at this stage. It's not, as I think you assume how things work, place one worker, immediately resolve the action, take back the worker, next player.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KT
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks I thought it must be somthing like that. dont know why the bold part of action F wasn't placed at the beginning, just got myself mixed up.

Back to the rules, combining the first sentence of phase 2 and the last part of action F, is it right to assume that you do not have to choose the same action in the second pass of the same turn. i.e. could you choose place a worker, then when the priority returns to you, could you choose pick a card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon Hide wrote:
Back to the rules, combining the first sentence of phase 2 and the last part of action F, is it right to assume that you do not have to choose the same action in the second pass of the same turn. i.e. could you choose place a worker, then when the priority returns to you, could you choose pick a card?

Correct. Each time your turn comes around, you can pick any of the actions, regardless of what you may have already done earlier in that round. Except pass, of course, which you can only do once, and after you do it, you are a spectator the rest of the round and can't do any more actions.

It's interesting when all but one player pass, and then that last player gets to do a bunch of actions uninterrupted. Tonight, after 3 of us had passed, the 4th built one or two buildings, drew a card or two, and placed a couple workers, before passing to end the actions phase of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.