A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: round units defending rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vasco Conceição
msg tools
Hi,
Me and my friends were playing a game last night and he have a question:
If i attack an area that has Only routed units, can they be supported by an adjacent units? Or are they automaticly destroyed ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
They can be supported, but the routed units themselves add no strength to the combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still a combat. So you have to play a house card, you still get support, and routed units can even give support. It's just that a routed unit's strength is always zero, so yeah, they give support, but the support is zero (unless you have a +1 support token there, but I can't figure out a way for a +1 support token to be in the same area as routed units without any unrouted unit there too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
They can both give support and be supported. They just count as STR 0 instead of their regular STR, and if forced to retreat will automatically die (before other casualties are taken, similar to Siege Engines)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.