Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Bennett
United States
Sturgeon Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
There seems to be conflicting ideas on how the hunter kills can he shoot does he have to move onto the space of the animal he's killing but for arguments sake lets say he has to move on to the space. Now lets say I am the hunter and have one turned up. My opponent then turns up the tile next to it that the gun is pointing at it happens to be a bear or fox, is that animal automatically killed and the hunter moves on to that space and then i take my turn as normal, or would i have to move the hunter as my move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where you got that idea from or whether this has been discussed here before, but it seems too basic a thing to be overlooked or misinterpreted like that.

In this game, no move happens automatically, if you want to kill, you have to move, and that's the only move you do your turn, this is valid for the hunter on animals, for the lumberjack on trees, for the foxes on birds and for the bears on humans.

So if you have a hunter and your opponent reveals an animal tile next to where the gun is pointing at, you can still flip another tile without killing the animal and that's your turn, giving your opponent the chance to flee now.

Hope this helps! As a final note and hoping to make this really very clear, you have to think of this game as chess. If you wanna kill, you have to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bennett
United States
Sturgeon Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
thanks yeah thats what i thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday we played the first game and we were not sure if the hunter moves onto the field of the killed animal or if he just shoots from distance, removes the anymal and stays where he was. We played, that he moves onto the field where the killed animal was before.

Edit: Found the Answer, yes, he moves onto the field where the anymal was before. No distence shooting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.