Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Help set the AP for OTTO rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
To what would you guys set the AP for OTTO? ( http://www.dustgame.com/products_d.php?nid=14&id=179 ) Here is the stats card for him that Dust Studio included:

It's armor class 4, life 4, movement 1.

I'm aware he isn't tournament legal, but I still want to use him when playing casual. This far I have slapped 45 AP on him. Is that too harsh/soft?

Edit: Based on a discussion in FFG Dust forums where Hot Dog & Hans are used as references I will set the AP to 33 while playing Otto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
4 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man.. the Axis stuff just looks so much cooler than the Allies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OTTO is actually a captured and converted Russian Walker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
Man.. the Axis stuff just looks so much cooler than the Allies...

I agree. The allies are Lame-O compared to the Axis units. Hopefully that is about to change- the Allied heavy crawler looks bad as hell..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually overall like the look of the Allied units better. They look much more like World War II units and less like Star Wars units. And I agree (I think) with the above poster - the Allied Heavy Walkers are badass. I think they're much cooler than the Axis ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Personally I prefer the looks of the Axis. Not sure why. I agree Allies are more "realistic" but don't see realism as one of the reasons for why anyone would play Dust Tactics - on the contrary.

That said, I think it's nice there is a distinct difference in look between the factions, and am looking forward to seeing the alien faction as well as the Soviet eventually. As long as there is difference in look when it comes to enough of each factions minis, I'm all happy and think that the diversity adds to the game.

I ordered the OTTO just because it looked good. I hadn't even seen it's stat card and at the time it wasn't even certain that I'd get one from Dust Studio. Luckily, I did. Enjoying the game both the play and aesthetics is nice, especially now that I got a chance even though I'm not as lucky as many of you guys that master painting.

As for Allies that look cool I picked up Wildfire for that reason alone - great looking piece with Pilot and all. The jet-guys in the revised core set are also gorgeous, as is the new heavy command squad (Corps Officers). All very nice looking Allies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.