Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought this game, and now I hear mention of Promo minis of a different size...does anyone have a photo comparison of these promos or did I just hear something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Candy & Cola promo mini and it fits in fine with the base game models. I haven't measured it with caliper or anything, but it seems right. However, if you just search "Candy & Cola" from some online miniature stores, you can find characters of the same name from a different range of Soda Pop minis that are not Chibi style, and so are proportioned more like typical 28-30mm heroic minis.

Unless this is something I haven't heard anything about, that would be my guess as to the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/730354/model-size-chart-hist...

That thread should answer all your questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, well then, that answers everything clearly and reveals that I didn't have a damn idea what the actual issue was.

Still, though, doesn't seem like these differing sizes present much of an issue for folks who just bought the base game, or am I missing something (else)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. The base game is all good to go.

The difference might come up if you wanted to find extras of a particular hero, so you could have two Paladins for example. Knowing which size metals you are buying might matter if you cared about matching closely.

The Candy&Cola promo mini is pretty much right on scale with the box set, and I have read somewhere (but can't for the life of me find where I saw it...) that all future releases will be matching the scale of the base game plastics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornbread46 wrote:
Nope. The base game is all good to go.

The difference might come up if you wanted to find extras of a particular hero, so you could have two Paladins for example. Knowing which size metals you are buying might matter if you cared about matching closely.

The Candy&Cola promo mini is pretty much right on scale with the box set, and I have read somewhere (but can't for the life of me find where I saw it...) that all future releases will be matching the scale of the base game plastics.

I wouldn't mind having another set of just the minis so I could run multiple heroes of the same type. They would have to come with summary cards though (just cause that's how I roll) and I could just paint them differently.

That would be sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the Paladin, Dwarf, Elf, Mage, & Rogue have been released in the metals, and they are technically "out of print" though you can still find them around the internet stores. I haven't read of them planning to do more anywhere, but nothing would stop them from releasing them again, since they already have the sculpts and molds ready to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.