Kenny Stetson
msg tools

Hi,

In the rule book it says that only after all characters have been activated can you add more than one order tile to a character.

So lets say player 1 already has an order tile assigned to a character, but none of his other characters are activated (so technically he can't yet receive an extra order tile).

Player 1 performs an interruption on a character entering his Los.
If player 1 wins the duel with his only activated character that already has one order tile, can he assign an extra order tile to the one he already has, even though his other characters aren't yet activated?

and at the end of the interruption, does the interrupting character get to keep the order tile he just assigned to his character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kennystetson wrote:

Hi,

In the rule book it says that only after all characters have been activated can you add more than one order tile to a character.

So lets say player 1 already has an order tile assigned to a character, but none of his other characters are activated (so technically he can't yet receive an extra order tile).

Player 1 performs an interruption on a character entering his Los.
If player 1 wins the duel with his only activated character that already has one order tile, can he assign an extra order tile to the one he already has, even though his other characters aren't yet activated?

and at the end of the interruption, does the interrupting character get to keep the order tile he just assigned to his character?

Yes to both questions. The previously activated character can interrupt as long as the conditions for interruption is in place, ie. hasn't spent all allowed CP etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And if I understood correctly, you can do this also with a non-activated character (adding an order tile and giving up to two orders that is) but that will NOT activate (engage) that character...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:

And if I understood correctly, you can do this also with a non-activated character (adding an order tile and giving up to two orders that is) but that will NOT activate (engage) that character...

Correct.
Assignment of the order token and CP to the interrupting character all takes place in the interrupted characters activation, hence the interrupting character is not activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for confirming. There's is one other thing I don't actually get (at this point, on the brink of scenario 3).

If I understand correct, spending extra CP on a shooting order does NOT require a higher numberered order section (as with a move order e.g.). This sounds counter intuitive to me, but the rules seem rather specific on this one. They explicitly say you may spent one to four CP on targeting/shooting but do not explicitly say you are restricted to the number on the order section. In fact, there's an example in the rulebook where several CP are spend on a 1-shooting order.

But what are shooting order sections with numbers higher than one used for then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:

Thank you for confirming. There's is one other thing I don't actually get (at this point, on the brink of scenario 3).

If I understand correct, spending extra CP on a shooting order does NOT require a higher numberered order section (as with a move order e.g.). This sounds counter intuitive to me, but the rules seem rather specific on this one. They explicitly say you may spent one to four CP on targeting/shooting but do not explicitly say you are restricted to the number on the order section. In fact, there's an example in the rulebook where several CP are spend on a 1-shooting order.

But what are shooting order sections with numbers higher than one used for then?

That particular example in the rules are the cause of confusion - it's a typo.
You are always restricted by the number on the order token to how many CP you can spend on an order. No matter what kind of order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks again! Now it makes sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.