Hide
3 Posts

Quarriors! Rise of the Demons» Forums » General

Subject: Question about the expansion.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob rico
msg tools
ok so i played the base set about 4 times thus far and i have to say the game is fun. The only problem people had with the game is that all the games were pretty much a race to get the dragon 1st. Pretty much whoever got a dragon first won the game. My question is does this expansion change this or does it add any good counters to the dragon ? Thanks in advance =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kelsey
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This expansion does give more opportunities to screw with other players, and the new creature is pretty powerful, on par with the dragon. Personally I think the expansion makes a better game but you'll need to be careful to place spells/creatures that really bring forth the corruption mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should also look into the Variant posted by the game creator. He suggests changing the rules to allow 2 buys per turn (instead of only 1), and also making you have to cull the scoring monster (you have the option to save the monster for later, but then you won't score it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.