Chaos in the Old World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leper upgrade vs temporal stasis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
russell gowlett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We had a situation playing today, which I have not come across before and caused some confusion in the group.
In the base set, with Nurgles cultist upgrade in play, how does this interact with Tzeentch's Temporal stasis.
I know normally the negative effect wins over the positive effect, but its not clear if temporal stasis is a negative effect.
So does the leper cost 0 to place, and the card increases this to 2, or does the leper still cost 0 to place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
discombob wrote:
We had a situation playing today, which I have not come across before and caused some confusion in the group.
In the base set, with Nurgles cultist upgrade in play, how does this interact with Tzeentch's Temporal stasis.
I know normally the negative effect wins over the positive effect, but its not clear if temporal stasis is a negative effect.
So does the leper cost 0 to place, and the card increases this to 2, or does the leper still cost 0 to place?

The cost to place is 0 with Nurgle's upgrade. Temporal Stasis increases this by 2. Therefore, Nurgle has to pay 2 to place his Cultist to that region if he has no other figures there.

No different than he normally pays 1 to place a Leper and TS would increase that to 3.

Also as a design note, because the cost is "zero" as opposed to "no cost" is so that you can mathematically add 2 to it. So 0+2 = 2 where as nothing + 2 equals nothing still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.