Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan West
Canada
Devon
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone explain to me what a 'condition attachment' means? Is it simply an attachment with a condition to be met? The word 'condition' is bolded on the card, however I cannot find a definition in the rule book. What is the purpose of this bolding?

Thank you in advance for your help and insight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Condition" is a trait. From page 6:

Quote:
Traits: Text designators that, while carrying no rules
in themselves, may be affected by other cards in play.

Take a look at Miner of the Iron Hills for an example of a "condition" trait being referenced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
teachnew wrote:
Could someone explain to me what a 'condition attachment' means? Is it simply an attachment with a condition to be met? The word 'condition' is bolded on the card, however I cannot find a definition in the rule book. What is the purpose of this bolding?

Thank you in advance for your help and insight.

Some Attachments have the Trait "condition" such as Dark Knowledge (core 71) and Power in the Earth (core 52).

I assume you are referencing something like Iron Shackles (core 105) that turns into a condition attachment on your deck? It just means to attach it there and you do what it says. Might be a condition to meet, like this, or a condition that lasts until the attachment is removed, like Caught in a Web. But "condition" is just the type of attachment that has somehow altered your hero's condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Keyword "condition"

The current keywords are: Doomed X, Guarded, Ranged, Restricted, Sentinel, Surge, and Victory X.

"Condition" is a trait.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but it's the rules forum, and "keyword" has an explicit meaning in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think "Escape" is used both as a trait and as a keyword although it is not explicitly called a keyword in the instructions that come with The Dead Marshes. For example the card A Wisp of Pale Sheen has the "Escape" trait but it also has an "Escape" value of 4. The "Escape" value seems to act just like keywords such as "Victory" or "Doomed".

I would say that "Escape" is both a trait and a keyword . I think this is in accord with the rule that jdludlow cited but I'd like to hear what other people think (if anyone else cares).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jdludlow wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Keyword "condition"

The current keywords are: Doomed X, Guarded, Ranged, Restricted, Sentinel, Surge, and Victory X.

"Condition" is a trait.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but it's the rules forum, and "keyword" has an explicit meaning in this game.

No you're right. I know it is a trait but typed keyword. Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get a card that says to "discard an attachment he controls" like Forest Spider's shadow effect, can I get rid of a condition attachment like "Caught in a Web?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmcampbell wrote:
If I get a card that says to "discard an attachment he controls" like Forest Spider's shadow effect, can I get rid of a condition attachment like "Caught in a Web?"

No, because you don't control it. The FAQ says:
FAQ wrote:
(1.06) Control of Non-objective Encounter Cards
Players do not gain control of encounter cards unless control of the card is explicitly granted by a card effect. When an encounter card (such as Caught in a Web) becomes an attachment and attaches to a character, that character’s controller does not gain control of the attachment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.