Spectral Rails» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Special Circumstances" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rance Leon
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The last paragraph of "Coins and Special Circumstances" explains how to use cards to remove one's track pieces if all surrounding ley lines trap a train. My question is "how surrounded" does the train have to be. Suppose I have spent only three ether points so far (having ten more to use) and my thirteen track pieces are already on the board, which include the segments between Como and Ophir and between Como and Alta. My train is in Como and I want to travel to Ludlow (which is an empty line). Given this situation, may I free up three track pieces by playing a 3-card to remove three pieces, and then move the following movement turn? On one hand, my train in Como is not really surrounded by my own ether track pieces, as one line out of Como is empty. On the other hand, I am trapped in the sense that I have no free track pieces to lay down (and no player has track connected to Como) if I want to move.

Also, suppose the same situation except the line between Como and Ludlow was laid by another player, but I have no remaining coin. May I play an ether card to remove track, then on a following turn (assuming I have not used 13 points) play another card to move over the other player's track as well as move over empty ley lines with the recently removed track?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwar Juice
United States
louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
These are not "Special Circumstances". I think you are missing something fundamental in the rules. If you are out of track, and want to move, you play a card and pick up disconnected track, or the tail end of the track, and move on that same turn.

If you want to move on another player's track, and not lay any new track, you must spend a coin. If you don't have a coin left, you can't move there. If you want to go past Ludlow to Galesteo, you would play a 3-card, travel to Ludlow for free, and lay new track to Galesteo. All on the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.