Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the normal rules, it seems like Scatter is only meant for Blast attacks, there's no mention what-so-ever of Seeking attacks. But then I stumbled across this in the FAQ:

Quote:
SEEKING
A seeking attack is performed exactly like every other ranged
attack except that:

A) You don't need line of sight to the target square.
and
B) The target square cannot be further than 8 squares
away from your marine.

You still roll the dice, and still count range, but if you roll a
miss or don’t roll enough range, the attack scatters to a new
target square, as shown by the card you flip. The dice you
rolled for the attack are then used to deal damage, ignoring
any miss results, since missing just scattered the attack.

So are Seeking attacks supposed to Scatter like Blast attacks? I can't find anything in the normal rules nor the expansion rules that back that up...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Cherry
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe it is written like that because before expansion only Seeking attack was the Grenade, which also have Blast ability?

I think this is a typo and don't works with Revenants.

Quote:
Seeking is performed exactly like every other ranged attack except (...)

Ranged attack only scatters when they have Blast ability. So no Scatter for Seeking attack IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Never noticed that, good catch.
Anyway I think we play that only blast attacks scatter (not 100% sure though, because we rarely use revenants).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
This may be the wrong way to look at it, but the revenant, according to the doom games, fires rockets and hence the attack scatters. As for the grenade, it would make sense that it scatters, since that would be the same as inaccurately throwing a grenade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a "rocket" attack does not have blast, then it's effectively a compact attack. Revenent, in this case, would not experience a scatter, because missing the attack is similar to an imp missing with its "exploding" fireball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
I was just thinking in terms of the pc game. The fact that the revenants rockets have no blast area is likely a balancing feature, or maybe the blast of the rocket is insufficient to fill the 3x3 grid. As such, the revenant attack should have scatter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.