Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a misprint in the first printing of The Manhattan Project. 2 of the 6 starting buildings, the Universities, do not have the special starting building back. Instead, they have the same backs as all the other building cards.

The 2 Universities that only produce 1 worker are the correct starting Universities. (One card produces a scientist and the other produces an engineer.)

The correct 6 starting buildings are pictured below. These are placed randomly into the first 6 spaces of the Building Market during the setup of the game:

Note: this will not affect actual game play whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
I Demand you reprint! If you do transfer 6 starting cards to all players.

Ooops, wrong game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to see about putting stickers on the boxes, but it's too late to do much of anything about it. It's really only a problem for people who do not use BGG or visit our publisher website or have a clueless FLGS. So, hopefully a very few people and most of them will mussle through it or do a goggle search...

Anyway, the rest of the game looks awesome and the bits feel great and the player boards are thicker then I thought and the workers are MEGA thick and awesome!

I'm starting to arrange shipping for Kickstarters who are in the Europe area as early as next week.

Thanks for the support and patience people!
~ James

P.S. 10 early copies are being air-mailed out to some reviewers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! It's almost here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, excellent. I just popped on here to see if anyone else only received four red cards and two extra blues. I had already surmised that it wasn't game breaking and that I could just put in any two extra cards but as soon as I saw this my brain shut down and was like "Need answer now!"

P.S. LOVE the mega-thick workers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
Germany
flag msg tools
I also have got the game and played it once so far. It's really great. And apart from the small misprint with the starting cards (which, if known, is no problem to remedy) the quality of the game is perfect. The thick workers are great to handle and very easy to pick up (which is really important since you need to pick them up quite often).
Thanks for the good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is the right place for it , but what was the 'promotional card' included for Kickstarter backers? All I received was the game (with contents matching the instruction book list) and the Nations expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That was discussed at length in one of the KS updates, and there was quite a lot of confusion, sorry about that.

At first the deal was going to be that 1 of the 7 Nations would be a KS exclusive that no one else would get. Instead, the deal was switched to simply giving all KS customers all 7 cards (regular customers have to buy them as a separate expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David East
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please provide an image of the red card back?

I have sleeved my cards and would like to print out the back and insert it for the two university cards.

I realise that this misprint doesn't affect gameplay, but it makes it harder to sort out the cards at game end.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
e-dave wrote:
Could someone please provide an image of the red card back?

I have sleeved my cards and would like to print out the back and insert it for the two university cards.

I realise that this misprint doesn't affect gameplay, but it makes it harder to sort out the cards at game end.

Thanks

It's the same as the correctly printed ones. There are 4 red backs; there should have been 6. They are all the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
It's the same as the correctly printed ones. There are 4 red backs; there should have been 6. They are all the same.

That's why he wants to print out two more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't decided how I'm going to fix my own copy yet. I probably won't sleeve them (since I don't want to sleeve the whole deck and it would bother me for only 6 cards to be sleeved).

I may just give the 6 starting buildings the ol' Sharpie Pen treatment. It's just the backs after all. I was thinking of masking off the borders with masking tape, then simply filling in the backs with a red Sharpie or some other kind of permanent marker with a large tip.

I'll see what we can do about getting a PDF in the Files section for folks who want to correct it with sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of sleeving just the 6, and using the rest of the sleeves on another game.

If I latter decide I like sleeves, well, the quality of the sleeves my be enough to distinguish; or by that time someone will have a sample back up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a red Sharpie and colored in some of the back! Functional solution.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
out4blood wrote:

Right. But he's asking for the images, whereas I am explaining he's already got them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
out4blood wrote:

Right. But he's asking for the images, whereas I am explaining he's already got them.

No, he's asking for something he can print off, and you're telling him he can find his own way to get them into a computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:

He has cards, not images. Cards don't turn into images until you add a flatbed scanner or a camera with lots of photoshop editing, colour matching, precise scaling, and a lot of work.

It's hardly an unreasonable request, and it looks like Brandon is going to come through with a pdf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded high res versions of the card back you seek.

On my copy I never really find a problem just digging for the 2 extra cards, but I play it a lot and remember...

A simple sharpie dot in the corner on the back would probably do the job.

Anyway, you can find the image here (provided it doesn't change url when approved)... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1265493/the-manhattan-pro...

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
I've uploaded high res versions of the card back you seek.

On my copy I never really find a problem just digging for the 2 extra cards, but I play it a lot and remember...

A simple sharpie dot in the corner on the back would probably do the job.

Anyway, you can find the image here (provided it doesn't change url when approved)... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1265493/the-manhattan-pro...

James

James,

What size should we print the pic so that the backs are the right size for the card backs?

-Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really sure how to answer that question. Measure the other cards and print it to the same size? I believe they are USA Fantasy size which is 43mm x 65mm ... but also long as they fit in your sleeve you'll be fine since they do start on the game board.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping to print them onto sticker paper and stick them onto the backs of the misprinted cards. That's why I was asking for size to print the image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
What size should we print the pic so that the backs are the right size for the card backs?

Very good question, as by default they are too small, and too close together for enough padding for them not to be marked within the small set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the best I could with paste-ups. They are ok, but I was wondering if there is a way to get official card replacements?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd worked out there must be a misprint and had already decided which other two buildings should logically be in the starting six. (And that's without having yet played the game.)

I'm pleased to find this thread confirming my assumption.

P.S. I'm not worried at all about needing replacements. The misprint is easily solved by shuffling the six cards without looking at their backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We do sell the fixed cards for 1 cent on our website and we're doing a large inventory reduction sale now so you could probably find something else to by to make it worth it.

MinionGames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.